Team Acorn Community Forums
Miles Kjeller

[URGENT] Site chat services

"Intrasite Chat"  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How should we deal with the message from ArrowSuites LLC?

• Ditch Arrowchat, Seek Replacement
    • Pay for Arrowchat (Please check their pricing site before voting)

Ok folks, I just received the following email from ArrowSuites LLC, the people that own and make "ArrowChat" the software we use to perform inter-group chat.

It appears that the version I have ended up installing isn't as kosher as it initially appeared.

Date: 21 April 2015URGENT ACTION AND RESPONSE REQUIRED PLEASERe: ArrowChat Software @ teamacorn.net/i/arrowchat/ILLEGAL COPIES DO NOT WORK: All ArrowChat 'Nulled' and illegal versions across the internet will not work properly on your server. Feel free to try our 10 day trial version and purchase ArrowChat if you like it. ArrowChat actively protects its intellectual property and is keen to avoid formal reporting, to identify any administrative errors, or errors where license owners may have incorrectly followed the registration procedure and licensing terms and conditions. The license agreement can be viewed at http://www.arrowchat.com/license .If you are receiving this email as a network or host we are having difficulties making contact with an end user and would ask that you please assist by passing this email to them so they may have prior notice of our intentions to take further action in the event that the matter is not resolved.NOTIFICATION:I am a Copyright Enforcement Agent for ArrowSuites LLC, the exclusive owners of ArrowChat chat software.The licensing database indicates that there is an installation of ArrowChat linked to your download that is not your domain. If this is your domain, please contact ArrowChat support to update the domain on your existing license, or purchase another license for this domain. If no response is received, your ArrowChat account is in danger of being terminated.If your financial records indicate that payment has been made in relation to the reported software please contact ArrowChat by using their support system at http://www.arrowchat.com/support  and ensure the payment and license information is correct. If you do not have a license for the domain please delete the software or license it immediately at http://www.arrowchat.com/purchase Regards,Mark ThomasInvestigatorLas Vegas OfficeThe sender accepts no responsibility for an end users incorrect registration or failure to do so as the Terms and Conditions of Use are clearly explained as an integral part of the purchase procedure.

So, we have 2 options regarding the chat.

Shell out and get a licence for it or stop using it.

Licencing info: http://www.arrowchat.com/purchase/

Technically there are 3 options with the third being "Ignore the threat", but I know that if companies send out mail like this, they generally don't mess around.

Please reply with what you think of our options and link any possible FREE ALTERNATIVES that I could embed into the site.

They MUST support user-to-user chat, group chat and be "floating" (so not embedded onto a specific page).

I have replied to Mark and I await his response.

Any harsh comments or negative feedback about ArrowSuites LLC will be deleted and the user will receive 1 warning point

>> Miles

I think that might be a bit too much for our blood, so I am not too sure on supporting Arrowchat. Either way I will give this a bump to keep ti at the top of new content so others see this as the first thing. It's very important we come to an accord.

Ok, seeing as most of you want to chip-in for the one-off payment method, please donate whatever you can to "mileskjeller[at]gmail.com" over PayPal.

Set your reason to "ArrowChat", Method Donation/Gift, make sure you select NO SHIPPING ADDRESS and, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, mention "TeamAcorn" or anything related to it.

As you can probably tell, nothing has happened.

I'm trying to engage in a conversation with the Arrow Chat guys, but so far I've had no response.

As it stands, I'm keeping the chat enabled just now and we'll figure something out later.

Sorry I haven't sent in the 15 dollars for the chat thing, I don't have the money for it anymore, gonna need some more time till me temporary job starts in another week.