Team Acorn Community Forums
Blazeymix

The Robotnik Wars *Sonic RP World revival*

Hey everyone. I'm back, and back at the head of things here as well. For anyone still here, thanks for sticking around even though this forum has been quite dead for so long. Still, I'm going to revive it with a brand new RP world and a brand new World Design that I think will change the way we played for the better and remove all the issues with the old design.

The main focus is story progression and direction. Before everyone has many areas and locations to RP but no idea what to do, so we just wung it, mostly focusing on simple chill stories and such instead of story driven drama and action. I'm hoping the new world will change that by removing the location forums and replacing them with objective/activity forums.

The setting is going back to the roots of this forum. Which is SatAM based, however it's more loose this time around, basically it's just Freedom Fighters vs Robotnik and his Legion. So it can be more comic based when you think about it. There are also currently 2 Eras. The Peace Era is for those who want to just RP in a non-dramatic setting for fun, while the Conflict Era is the primary RP world everyone will focus on for story driven plots and character development.

I will be launching the worlds soon, once things get a bit more polished and everyone is ready to go and understands how it works. If anyone has any questions, please ask here.

1 minute ago, Blitscreet said:

Just glad ya didnt decide to nix my world as well XD

But yeah looking forward to this, especially when you do bring in more people that maybe my world will get more attention as well.

Your world is my world, just you designed it. :P

Anyway your world isn't the main focus of the forums, it's just a different setting to RP in an such.

What I'm trying to say is I want the primary attention and focus to be on this new world so that we can get things back to the way they were and hopefully even better.

Having both worlds sounds like a win win to me. Peace and fighting and a chance to taste both.  Aye i like your idea to SaL and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things once more after a good long while away. ^_^

Welp, if yall don't mind my two cents, when it comes to the Peace Era, while there may be more available resources to allow for more flexability in mechanical augments or powers, one would have to take into account factors of such as organizations - like G.U.N. for example - regulating access to said augments, as for powers the rarity of people having them, as well as the cost of having them

i.e.: Someone with telekinesis would in all likelyhood be far less capable of performing feats of agility and strength than the average mobian

So if someone wanted to have powers I'd suggest that the one in charge of the role play limit the number of powers wielders which would be granted on a first come first serve basis and that the power comes with a price. (Like Super Strength > Lowered Speed)

A good example to look at would be the Straw Hat Crew from the Anime One Piece there are nine members but only three have "powers" (Devil Fruit abilities).

As for the Conflict Era, this is far easier, given the this is the Freedom Fighters time line, Robotnik has won and Mobians are trying to overthrow his rule.

In a nutshell, resources are limited, and given the range of Robotnik's control people with powers would be (for the most part) wiped out, captured, or roboticized; with Bunny Rabbot being the prime example for mechanical augmentations, the only way for you to get mechanical limbs is if your are extremely lucky enough to get saved during the robotization process.

So to sum things up, for Magic or Powers, I'd be a miracle for one person in the party of have them and if they do they'd either be messed up in some kind of way (from being prime hunting targets, or witnessing mobians like them getting taken away) or they'd just awaken, meaning they have little to no idea how to use and no one to help them learn properly.

Robotic limbs suffer from the weight setting people off balance, getting use to the weight,and if you wanna make things challenge, Robotnik could find way to track them though their limbs leaving them constantly on the run.

Just spit balling some ideas...

6 minutes ago, AmaranthineAdventure said:

Welp, if yall don't mind my two cents, when it comes to the Peace Era, while there may be more available resources to allow for more flexability in mechanical augments or powers, one would have to take into account factors of such as organizations - like G.U.N. for example - regulating access to said augments, as for powers the rarity of people having them, as well as the cost of having them

i.e.: Someone with telekinesis would in all likelyhood be far less capable of performing feats of agility and strength than the average mobian

So if someone wanted to have powers I'd suggest that the one in charge of the role play limit the number of powers wielders which would be granted on a first come first serve basis and that the power comes with a price. (Like Super Strength > Lowered Speed)

A good example to look at would be the Straw Hat Crew from the Anime One Piece there are nine members but only three have "powers" (Devil Fruit abilities).

As for the Conflict Era, this is far easier, given the this is the Freedom Fighters time line, Robotnik has won and Mobians are trying to overthrow his rule.

In a nutshell, resources are limited, and given the range of Robotnik's control people with powers would be (for the most part) wiped out, captured, or roboticized; with Bunny Rabbot being the prime example for mechanical augmentations, the only way for you to get mechanical limbs is if your are extremely lucky enough to get saved during the robotization process.

So to sum things up, for Magic or Powers, I'd be a miracle for one person in the party of have them and if they do they'd either be messed up in some kind of way (from being prime hunting targets, or witnessing mobians like them getting taken away) or they'd just awaken, meaning they have little to no idea how to use and no one to help them learn properly.

Robotic limbs suffer from the weight setting people off balance, getting use to the weight,and if you wanna make things challenge, Robotnik could find way to track them though their limbs leaving them constantly on the run.

Just spit balling some ideas...

This is... precisely what I had in mind since the very beginning for the early comic/SatAM setting four years ago. Unfortunately as a new RP, we didn't set many limitations, it happened gradually. Now however, I was already planning on this exact limitation set for the characters. Your post is amazing and brought a big smile to my face. :)

Welcome by the way!

Just now, Blazeymix said:

This is... precisely what I had in mind since the very beginning for the early comic/SatAM setting four years ago. Unfortunately as a new RP, we didn't set many limitations, it happened gradually. Now however, I was already planning on this exact limitation set for the characters. Your post is amazing and brought a big smile to my face. :)

Welcome by the way!

Thanks, I'm happy to be in a place where I can be apart of Soinc based Rp, so thank you for and everyone else for all of this

1 minute ago, AmaranthineAdventure said:

Thanks, I'm happy to be in a place where I can be apart of Soinc based Rp, so thank you for and everyone else for all of this

No worries. We were quite thriving for a few years but things quieted down and died in 2015-2016 but I'm bring it back in full force. If you have any friends who enjoy RP as well, please tell them about this place!

Oh and keep those suggestions and opinions comin!

13 minutes ago, Mac-Man said:

I'm just glad this forum is coming back from the dead, I been hoping one day that we can all role play here in this forum and I can't wait. :)

Agreed, it's exciting. I'm sorry it took so long for me to do this, I just needed that time to figure out how to get this place back up and running again.

7 hours ago, dragonmaster77 said:

I have question regarding characters some of us have some thrid party characters such as me with Sash Lilac, do they still have a place in this RP world?

I'm not sure who Sash Lilac is, can you be more specific about them? Generally no character can have powers, so your characters would need to be heavily revamped for this type of play.

I'd say that we mostly stick with Sonic/Mobian themed characters but still allow Sonic-Inspired characters like the ones from Freedom Planet (though I've personally not played the game yet) but the only thing is they need to be kept to the same level as the Sonic cast is. Like the three most common natural abilities in the Sonic series are Speed, Strength and Flight with actual power users like Shadow, Silver and Blaze being in a minority, everyone else usually falls into those three power sets (as shown to us in Sonic Heroes). And besides that there are people without powers but they normally have training of some kind or actual weaponry, the latter being more likely for the games and the former more likely in the comics.

I don't know where I was going with this, maybe we should allow most anthro game characters as long as they've been Soni-fied? I don't know...

59 minutes ago, Adam322 said:

I'd say that we mostly stick with Sonic/Mobian themed characters but still allow Sonic-Inspired characters like the ones from Freedom Planet (though I've personally not played the game yet) but the only thing is they need to be kept to the same level as the Sonic cast is. Like the three most common natural abilities in the Sonic series are Speed, Strength and Flight with actual power users like Shadow, Silver and Blaze being in a minority, everyone else usually falls into those three power sets (as shown to us in Sonic Heroes). And besides that there are people without powers but they normally have training of some kind or actual weaponry, the latter being more likely for the games and the former more likely in the comics.

I don't know where I was going with this, maybe we should allow most anthro game characters as long as they've been Soni-fied? I don't know...

There are no powers, Lilac would need to be stripped from powers to be acceptable.

6 minutes ago, dragonmaster77 said:

Okay what class as powers exactly?

Anything above normal physical capabilities. No psychic powers, no ice powers, no super speed, nothing like that. I intend to incorporate a stats mechanic so you can set a character with high strength for example but low speed or w/e you want to sacrifice.

Ah, alright, I was just thinking something along the lines of Speed, Strength and Flight classes like Sonic Heroes. But I don't mind, I didn't really think it through that complexly anyways.

Maybe we should allow some form of powers but make it very limited as long as the creator make a reasonable story behind them. I mean Sonic's super speed is considered a super power in a way. It would also make the fight against Robotnik a bit more possible to win for the freedom fighters.

2 hours ago, Mac-Man said:

Maybe we should allow some form of powers but make it very limited as long as the creator make a reasonable story behind them. I mean Sonic's super speed is considered a super power in a way. It would also make the fight against Robotnik a bit more possible to win for the freedom fighters.

I realize that but even in the comics and SatAM the Freedom Fighters managed to fight the way with their skills, bravery, determination, and resources. Sonic's super speed was the trump card that had to really stick it to Robotnik and give them a fighting chance. So this world is meant to be like that. Where personalities and skills are the priority and focus of characters, not powers. I will however incorporate more options for character creation, such as physical attributes. I'm considering powers if they are extremely limited and only under certain circumstances. I'll think it over.

3 hours ago, Blazeymix said:

I realize that but even in the comics and SatAM the Freedom Fighters managed to fight the way with their skills, bravery, determination, and resources. Sonic's super speed was the trump card that had to really stick it to Robotnik and give them a fighting chance. So this world is meant to be like that. Where personalities and skills are the priority and focus of characters, not powers. I will however incorporate more options for character creation, such as physical attributes. I'm considering powers if they are extremely limited and only under certain circumstances. I'll think it over.

Okay that seem fair enough but should advantages and disadvantage be given to both sides considering the resources each have? Like for example the Robotnik and his legion have the tech and the freedom fighters knows the wood or something like that.

Just thinking an idea out loud for the heck of it as a suggestion.

40 minutes ago, Mac-Man said:

Okay that seem fair enough but should advantages and disadvantage be given to both sides considering the resources each have? Like for example the Robotnik and his legion have the tech and the freedom fighters knows the wood or something like that.

Just thinking an idea out loud for the heck of it as a suggestion.

Yeah of course and I think that is quite obvious anyway. Suggestions are fine, good input