Team Acorn Community Forums
Blitscreet

City Centennial Anniversary

It was the Hundred year anniversary of the founding of the city, and the mall was the place to be during this celebration. Booths and Kiosks from every district filled the main plaza in the mall and the amusement park had all its rides available for free. Nothing but festivities were happening as all major shops were closed.

Each District had a number of booths set up selling knickknacks and other assorted trinkets or even special wares. 

One one particular booth, in the R&D Area a couple felines were sitting down with a variety of mechanical parts and limbs hanging and resting on the table. The blue feline didn't look like she was enjoying the festivities much while her brother was much more smiles.

"Come on Jolteia lighten up. Have some fun, go socialize if you want, I can watch the booth." Blitscreet chuckled gently hugging his sister.

Jolteia sighed before sitting up straight. "I don't like my cybernetics being peddled like they're merchandise...they aren't for everyone..."

"Well like it or not, part of your contract with the guys in R&D requires you to be here with a booth if you want to keep your lab." Blitscreet chuckled.

Jolteia sighed and tried to put on a smile. Least she could do was advertise her cybernetics more. 

Oh his way to the Central area to set up a booth, a white wolf managed to get a bit lost, and found himself within the R&D area by mistake. He is pulling along a refrigerator of some kind as he looks around. As he dose this he would keep on looking at some of the booths for a bit kind of enjoying this time of being lost After some time he would find himself to a booth selling cybermnetics and stands to take a look at them... Tilting his head to the side as he looks at the two felines, he would kind of see that the blue one doesn't look to happy.

"Oh hello, Doesn't look like your having much fun right now... Are you alright" He would ask her than nods his head to Blitscreet. Than he would start to think before smiles once more. " If you two like Ice cream I can give you some free of charge... Just let me know what flavor you enjoy the most" The white wolf would say to the both of them trying to get them both to enjoy the event.

Else where within the Mystic a human is walking around and enjoying his time in the mall. He is walking bear footed on the nice stone flooring as he looks around with those silver eyes of his a very pretty, and uncommon color of eyes. His body is very well built making. He stops to look at some books, and scrolls wanting to find something nice to read about. Oh his belt there are two pouches though they don't carry any money within them.

"All right it celebration time!!!!" Yelled the Rottweiler as he walked into the mall looking around in order to find something that interests him. As he looks, he notice some of the people looking at  him with irritation causing him to rub the back of his head in embarrassment. "Sorry about the yelling everyone..." He said "I'm just exited for celebration of the creation of this city so sorry once again."  He said one more time before heading into the mall, Jeremy has been looking forward to this for a while now as he been waiting for this day.  

"Let's see....."

Walking into the mall he looked at a board showing the different booth with information on each of them. While he was looking at the board another mobian came up to the board. A coyote to be exact, as he views the board himself looking for a certain booth that he was hoping to go. Soon he smiles as he finally find what he looking for.

"Ahh there is the place." Antoine said making a mental note of where the place is. "Je can't wait to see what they got over there now." He said heading over the location he make a mental note."

Another pair were wondering the R&D Area, an older wolf and a rather energetic young vixen, and it was clear one was enjoying their time far more than the other as they moved through the booths.

"Keep up old man, you're rarely around and this is a happy day, so it wouldn't kill ya to act like you're having fun for once. Isn't all this cyber stuff kinda your thing?"

Even though the wolf wore a long coat that covered most of his body it was clear from the parts that could be seen-his shining hands and the metal around his eyes-that saying cybernetics were 'his thing' was a major understatement.

"It might be if any of this was quality equipment, I could build better in my sleep... in fact a few times I have."  

The vixen sighed as she looked back at him, most people might think the wolf was just bragging but she had seen his work and knew that he was as good as his word. She paused for a moment as she spotted a certain booth, or more accurately spotted the blue feline running it, recognising her as the hot doctor that had treated her almost every time she ended up in hospital. Her tail flicked slightly as she started toward the booth, finally seeing a chance to talk to the catgirl outside of work.

"Um...how bout this one?" 

"These?"  The wolf ran a critical eye over the display, looking over each piece carefully.  "They are far better than the rest we've seen so far, but they seem to mostly be simple limb replacements and basic augmentations... not all that useful to me kiddo."

As she was approached by the white wolf Jolteia tried to put on a larger smile but sighed again as he brought up the fact she didn't look like she was having fun. Instead of replying she proceeded to plant her face onto the table, leaving her brother to chuckle softly. 

"She's just upset she had to be dragged away from her lab to be outside with people and socialize." He smirked rubbing her back gently. "I'm fine for ice cream thanks. Had a big meal before coming here so pretty full. And I don't think she's in the mood for anything sweet at the moment heh." Blitscreet leaned back on the chair. 

Jolteia was quite content to rest her face on the table until she heard a familiar voice, recognizing it as the white furred vixen who seemed to always be visiting the hospital. She listened to her speak to a guy whos voice she didn't recognize no sooner had he commented that her work was just simple and basic did she sit right up before turning to him and calling out without hesitation. "How about you come over here and see just how simple my cybernetics are. Maybe if you, had decent cybernetics in the first place you'd be able to see the quality I put into each of these." Jolteia did hear him say they were far better, but to her it didn't matter since he followed it up with the word simple. 

A light blue hedgehog was patrolling the area acting as security for the event. Ice looks at all the kiosks and smiles. She liked events like this as she got to meet new faces that can show more then anger, boredom or anything a normal criminal would have. She goes to the R&D area and looks at all the stuff. It was advance but none were as special as the prototype armor she uses. "I wonder how long it'll be before someone updates it" She said to herself chuckling.

Crystal walks in to the mall looking round in amazement while Korin sits on her shoulder. She had emerged out of the ground of Red Light district and followed the way, she was slightly covered in dirt. She was a bit nervous walking around but Korin urges her to look around at the booths however she looked but didn't fully approch scared they might ask for some form of payment.

Passing by with ice cream in hand, a young corgi grinned to himself as his tongue lapped over the flavour and tip of his dessert, making rather satisfying noises as he ate. "Damn, nothing better than a bit of strawberry on a day like- oh, sunnova gun..." He groaned, wiping at his shirt. Strawberry ice cream on a white shirt, never a good mix. He huffed slightly and went back to his ice cream. He guessed he just had to go around looking like a mucky pup.

Suddenly, his ear twitched and his gaze was torn from his treat at one particular individual complaining rather brashly in the R&D Area. Curious, he picked up his feet and trotted close to what looked like a stall for metal limbs. No, cybernetics. Valuing his dessert more than the confrontation at hand, Zeneris kept his distance, observing the argument from a distance.

"Decent cybernetics?"  The wolf slowly turned to the young feline, giving her his full attention.  "This is hardly a question of quality."

"Oh come on, don't start old man..."  The vixen groaned, her eyes pleading with him not to make things worse and mess up her chance.

"The young lady invited me to stop and debate kiddo, if she cares about her work then she can take some critique."  He briefly looked to her before turning back.  "All that I can see here only serve as replacement parts and minor improvements, most likely serving purely medical purposes, they do little to nothing to improve the subject and certainly do not provide the functions that I built into my cybernetics and thus hold no interest to me. Maybe if you ever had to build for yourself rather than others you would understand my point and understand why I call your work simple."

Still looking at the board Jeremy was able to find all the locations of each of the booths and picked the ones he wanted to see and go to making him smile. "Ok I got it all set in here." Jeremy said point to his forehead he finally decided where to head first. "Oh I am going to have so much fun today no one is going to stop me!!" He said in more of a quieter tone than the last time he screamed.

"You sure are happy oui?" Antoine said hearing Jeremy speak to himself "I am guessing this is your first time being there?"  He asked finally remembering where to go next. Jeremy looked over to the coyote. "Nope, been here a few times over the years of my life." He answered " I always enjoyed going here."

"Same here." Antoine said " Well I better be going so have ze fun." He said before heading away from the board to one direction. 

"Looks like were both going the same way." Jeremy said walking the same direction. " It's look like where going the same way so we might as well chit- chat while going the same way."|

The white wolf would watch the Jolteia face into the table. Slowly he would rub his head at that before nodding his head to Blitscreet as he would turn down the ice cream. He just smiles to them both as he would see more coming to look at the wears.

" Oh alright than. Well if you two change your mind I am giving out free ice cream today at my booth. I should get back to it about now." Would than laugh once more as he nods his head to them both as he would start to head out. "Oh yes the my name is Keegan. I hope you two enjoy your time here. " He would say as he would find a map and nods his head as he moves to were he is setting his booth up at. As he would walk he would nod his head to a light blue hedgehog as he makes his way to his booth.

Kynan slowly walks around the event as he looks at all the booths and rubs his head a bit as he still is trying to walk on just the stone flooring as much as he can. Though after a while he would see Crystal, and tilts his head to the side a bit as he looks to her. He would see how dirty she is right now, and decides to walk over to her as she would look at the booths a but not to closely for some reason.

" Hello there. What are you looking at?" He would ask Crystal " I hope your having fun here at this event so far. Oh I am Kynan by the way."

Blitscreet nodded to Keegan as he departed, making note of the free ice cream for later if he managed to get out of this booth.

Jolteia was livid now, and was about to burst before Blitscreet placed his hand on her shoulder squeezing gently. Taking a couple deep breaths she calmed herself before speaking. "Self-sustainment is one thing but when your twin brother risks his life saving yours, resulting in his arms being blown off and burnt to cinders right before your eyes, you kind of have motivation to build something a little more than simple." She spoke, as she motioned to her brother. "All of my limbs provide vastly superior nerve connection, providing a faster reflex speed than any current level of cybernetics. Internally comprised of carbon-nanotubes, giving the user increased limb strength. Exo-skeleton, is versatile as are the upgrades and additional functions. Neither of which I have brought with me since this is just a celebration, not an R&D Exposition."

Jolteia was smirking softly as she took a once over Kai, her eyes sparking a little bit as she examined his cybernetics from what she could see first hand. "Custom made, combat designed. Looks a little clunky for my tastes from what I can see. You did it yourself, that much I gathered. Probably lots of hidden tricks. But no versatility." She sighed softly, keeping a very slight smile. "Doesn't look like there would be much room for additional features without sacrificing something in return. Blitscreet if you would." 

"Why do you always use me to show off your stuff." He sighed, before standing up and stretching. Clenching his fist he relaxed his shoulders before bringing it up across his chest, and with a quick shink, the blade in his arm slid out before locking in place. Dropping that arm down he raised his left, doing the same before as a small slot rose up and a diamond tip poked out. Shooting the grappling hook out, the diamond tip split into a claw, being retracted before it hit anything.

"All my cybernetics are custom built, the ones you see are far from simple, outclassing anything you can get currently." She paused briefly to take note of Tera, nodding with a smile before turning back to the older wolf. "As she can attest, I am a medical doctor as well. Given how often she visits me, she should know I have every right to be prideful. I ensure everything I make works perfectly with the person its being made for. Flawless connection, no uncomfortable joining. As well as power cells that are so efficient and long lasting that you could run your basic functions for a year without using your own bodies natural energy." Smirking she pulled out a small cylinder, the size of a childs fist, with a glowing stripe on the side. "Tell you what, still doubt my work, take this cell for free, should be universal fit, but if you need an adapter for your custom work I can make you one."

Blinking slowly at the equipment on show, Zeneris couldn't help but grin to himself. He wasn't normally into the whole sciency side of things but he was well aware of what was awesome and what clearly wasn't. He couldn't help but let out an audible giggle as the grapple was shot. He finished off his ice cream and stepped closer, looking over the equipment on the stall. Limbs, both arms and legs could be seen on the stall, only interesting him more. He was half jealous at the fact that he didn't have a limb missing, because these were definitely up there as number one choice. ...not that he was contemplating any other competition at this point.

Crystal jumped and looked to see Kynan she recomposes herself and said "H-Hello....I'm Crystal...nice to meet you. I'm just looking at this....thing that's going on as it intrigues me very much." The way she talked it made apprent that she hasn't talked a lot, in fact this is the first time she has actually spoke not the Kynan knows this fact, so she comes off timid and nervous about a whole lot.

Moving through the crowd was a red scaled reptile. K31 was trying to sell specialized tickets to the small club he owned. He hoped these tickets would get some business going by offering  free drinks for a night once every month. He sighed as he hadn't been having much luck as most of the people were busy eyeing and/or buying everything else around it seemed. He looked around and noticed he'd entered the R&D section on pure accident. Deciding it couldn't hurt to look around plus maybe he could find people willing to buy some of the tickets.

Sophia showed up at the mall wearing formal attire. She had on a long green dress laced with gold stitching that gained her a fair amount of looks and a silver heart shaped locket as she made her way through the mall stopping on occasion to sample some of the many verity's of food there at the celebration. She didn't get out much and decided the anniversary would be a good opportunity to get away from all the work of setting up her lab and relax. She move through out the crowd looking at all the decorations when she suddenly bumped into someone and turned to apologize but as she did she noticed who she bumped into had red scales that caught her attention knowing she had bumped into a reptilian. She hesitated a moment before replying. "Oh im sorry i got distracted and wasn't watching where i was going." She said rubbing the back of her head.

(Sry King i needed a way into the topic. XD  )

Kynan would see Crystal jump like that, and listens to her talk finding it kind of cute. He nods his head to her. "Pleasure to meet you Crystal. What is going on here also got me intrigued as well." He would did see how dirty she is right now and smiles to her still. Slowly he would look around before saying to her once more. "Care to get something to eat? Some of the food here looks pretty good, and the food is on me." Says offering to get her some food. Though as he looks to her he would reach into one of his pouches, and takes out two small stones and some kind of pin. The stones was a pretty red colored, and a pretty blue colored one. He would start to roll the stones and folds them together making a very pretty purple stone instead in his hands as he talks with her.

Keegan would find his booth... And his father there as well. He rubs his head as he would get the last bit of his booth set up and puts up a sign saying free ice cream.

"F-Food?" Crystal said looking confused like the concept was confusing or first time she heard it. She did feel like her stomach was grumbling so she nods and said "O-Okay then me and Korin accept." and if on cue Korin the purple Iblis Flyer lands on Crystal's shoulder. Crystal also looks as Kynan rolls the two stones and forms them into one purple stones looking amazed at it. She smiles a bit getting a bit less nervous around Kynan.

"I am talking about far more than just 'motivation', the desire to heal and save another is something I respect but is nothing like the NEED to create something to save yourself from death. As for the debate of versatility against adaptability, that may be something for another time."  He silently watched Blitscreet's display, nodding slowly before undoing the cuff of his jacket and holding up an arm, the plating of his forearm shifting for a moment before a blade of his own fired up into place.  "Cyber blades are hardly a unique idea my dear girl."  A moment later the blade slid back down and was replaced by a small spear-like point.  "I doubt I need to explain this either."

Tera let out a sad groan, unsure if this was a debate or just two tech-minded people trying to outdo each other... and frankly didn't care, the meeting going far differently then she wanted, the only recognition she'd gotten was a brief smile and nod.

Kai looked down at the cylinder, his face carefully blank.  "A year...that is impressive for a core that size...but I wonder..." He slowly undid his jacket and shirt, showing a metal patch on his chest, placing a hand on it and causing it to side open and reveal a glowing orb where his heart should have been.  "Would one of those adapters work on something like this?"

He was looking at one of the signs for a booth when he felt someone bump into him. He looked to see who it was and saw a female fox before him. "No harm done miss." He replied back to her calmly watching her.  He noticed she seemed hesitant in how her voice sounded but couldn't tell why she was. "Is something wrong?" He finally asked her as he looked her over.

Kynan would nod his head to Crystal and smiles to her once more. His hands would still mold that stone as if it was clay in his hands. Soon he starts to wrap it around the small pin and starts to give it a shape. " Alright than lets go get something to eat." He would smile to her once more as he starts to walk her to one of the food booths, and tilts his head to the side a bit while he looks at it. He would see that they are selling some scones another place is selling chilly dogs. " What would you like to eat Crystal? The scones are pretty good here. Though there are other things as well. I well let you pick the food." Would say to her as he finishes shaping the stone into a heart, lastly he would take out a nice silver chain, and puts it through the loop before making sure to clamp the loop down once it was centered. Slowly he would hold up a nice sliver chained,  purple heard for the pendent. He would look to her once more. "Here you can have this."

"Well err...." Crystal said looking at all the choices the problem was mainly there was so much she didn't know what to decided having never eaten anything before it was hard to decide her train of thought what interrupted when she sees the pendent and him saying she could have it. She nods and accepts it and her mind told her what she should say and said "T-Thank you...Kynan...ehm...I can't really decide what food to pick...this is all...new to me."

Ice walk by the two and stops when she sees the state Crystal's in and approches "Hello there, is everything okay here?" She asked trying her best to sound as soft so as not to intimidate Crystal who jumped and looked at Ice nervous about the new face.

She hesitated a moment fixing part of her hair before she responded to him. "No nothings wrong. It's...well honestly its a rare sight to see a reptilian or one of your kind for me. I used to live far away from hear witch is why i was a bit surprised to see you." She said and put her hand to her head using her pointer finger to softly tap on her cheek. "And i guess im all so a bit lost to. I moved into the city not to long ago." She said feeling a bit embarrassed. Remembering her manors she asked "I'm Sophia and who are you?" She asked him calmly with her hand extended in greeting.

Walking down the mall with Jeremy he thought about the history of the city he was born in and remembered the stories of the war he heard as a child from his father. He was so glad to be alive for the 100th Anniversary of the city. He took great pride in living here as he as ancestors fought in the war with the hope of peace.  "Can you believe it?" Antoine said walking with Jeremy. "It's been 100th years since this place was created. Think of what would happen if this city was never made."

"Man I don't even wanna think about that. " Jeremy said " We all might not even existed." He added "And if that happen I wouldn't be able to enjoy the good food they have here. That would sucks balls, like not being able to beat a push up rec...WHOA!!" Jeremy screamed at the last second surprising Antoine who covered his ears "Why did you do that....!!" He asked not getting a response from Jeremy instead seeing the dog mouth open. "uhh..." Antoine said feeling like this is getting awkward. He notices the direction that Jeremy is looking at and turns his head over to that direction where he sees a booth with a sign on it.

"Sorry about the scream.." Jeremy said while keeping his eyes fixed on the booth. "But I just saw something amazing, I SAW THAT GUY GET A WEAPON FROM OUT OF THIS ARM THAT COOL!!!" He screamed as he heads over to the booth seeing other mobians there. 

Antoine watches as Jeremy runs over there and takes a look at the parts. He take a look at them himself and deiced to walk over there to see the booth more.

"Ah I see." He replied as he watched her. "Nice to meet you Sophie. I'm K31." He answered taking her hand shaking it. He had to admit there were few reptiles running around so he understand part of what she was saying. He was surprised when she mentioned that she had been living in the outside of the city for a while as it was a rare thing for someone to admit that.

Jolteia shrugged when he showed off his cybernetic blade and such before shrugging, but when he exposed his chest, she stopped, hopping over the counter, eyes transfixed on his core. "You replaced your heart with a self sustaining core that is recharged from your own body's energy. Dangerous. Your core can't be tampered with. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the R&D district has stopped using this method for full body cybernetic conversions because of the risks involved...you had to do this on yourself. No one at my hospital has authorization to perform that operation. I've had to remove a few of these cores because they got damaged, nearly killing the person. I would highly recommend you schedule an appointment at the hospital and have that removed." Jolteia was fairly close now as she was examining how it was connected inside him. 

Blitscreet sighed as he couldn't help but notice the crowd of people watching the two of them converse, even more amusing was noticing the white furred vixen seemingly getting flustered with being ignored. He leaned back and fiddled around with his arm, opening a slot in his right arm. Behind a small curtain was a safe, opening it up he grabbed a small module, slotting it into his arm, as well as the power core into his upper arm. With a small spark of his arm he straightened it the mechanisms inside linking with the module, opening it up, circuits plugging in as the compact module was taken apart before being reassembled to the exiting wiring and connectors inside his arm. 

Standing up he smirked as he held his arm out to his side. Circuits appeared along the underside of his wrist, looping around his arm to his hand before his finger tips were capped in the same copper colored circuitry. A ball of energy formed in the palm of his hand shortly after before he aimed his wrist into the open space above the R&D section, launching it up, and when he clenched his fist it exploded into a ball of sparking light. He then did it multiple times, the crowd confused at first, then started cheering for the makeshift firework display. "Just one of the many uses of Voltix cybernetics!" He called out to the crowd. "Let anyone with cybernetic enhancements, or in need of a technological replacement come! Nothing here is for sale, because we don't make stock limbs, everything is a custom job!" This got the crowd riled, especially by the light show. Hopefully this would get his sister distracted from her little tech head argument. He needed to get her focused on the booth. Before someone figured she wasn't doing her job.