Team Acorn Community Forums
Weltall84

Parts Shopping (private-ish, ask to join)

The frown on Mynt's face deepened. Something wasn't right about this swatbot. "You. Move along. I'll deal with the cat later," she ordered with a wave of her hand. Yet the swatbot seemed to hesitate. "Are you defective?" she demanded with annoyance in her voice.

At the same time, Brianna sucked in the medicine from the inhaler, surprised that her capter helped her. Indeed she was already feeling a little better, slightly beginning to relax her breathing even when she was tied up. She felt like crying. She didn't like being so weak and pathetic but she could do nothing to help Axel, nor herself. What was she thinking coming out here willy nilly like there was no danger in it every step they took? Who was she trying to impress? and now they're caught, along with her best friend Kate, who Brianna neglected to react to because that could possibly make those freaks try to use Kate against them. It was like a bad dream, a nightmare she couldn't wake up from.

"Something wrong with your hearing sensors?" asked the echidna woman.

In the next moment the swatbot lifted it's arm and blasted Mynt with a laser, knocking her off her feet and landing on her back. She wasn't concious. Quickly it let Kate the Cat free from it's grip then took off it's helmet to reveal Princess Sally herself inside!

"Kate help Axel, I'll get Brianna, don't worry," she said reassuringly as the small feline nodded and went to her task. Sally in the big metal swatbot suit turned to the unconcious Mynt and picked her up with one powerful robotic hand around her waist, then walked toward Lilith and Brianna calmly. As she drew near, she eyed the fox with a serious look. "How about we make a trade? Give me our girl and I'll give you yours. Not a bad deal since you're outnumbered right now right?"

Everything happened so fast, Lilith nearly fell back, standing up quickly she stuffed her hands in her pocket. Mynt was unconscious, knocked out in a single hit, and next thing that happened was the Swatbot opened up its helmet to reveal someone inside, and not just anyone, the princess herself. 

Not everyone knew this, heck hardly anyone heard this, but Lilith despised Sally Acorn more than anyone else. Her blood boiling as she grit her teeth, watching her approach. All her thoughts going back when she was very young. Before the coup d'etat, how she lived before and grew up afterwards. When she approached her, giving her an ultimatum she openly spat before glaring at Sally. "How about you drop her and fuck off." Pulling her hands out of her pockets, the rest of the charges were pulled out with them, gently hitting and rolling off Brianna's belly as they dropped.

Following this Lilith hand held a switch. "Here's your options. Drop her, take the guy and piss off. I have a dead man switch. These charges wont kill on their own but all of em at once. Have to be pretty fucking lucky. So 'Princess', you feel like gambling with the lynx's life? I ain't afraid to die." A loud bweep came from all the charges as they armed. Glaring at Sally her hand shaking, she stood her ground. 

Immense, palpable relief filled Axel as the rouse was revealed and what seemed like more doom was hope and rescue. "Princess, you're amazing..." Axel murmurs, grateful amidst the pain and cold coloring his tone. That was one downside to the feeling returning to his extremities after his electrocution; he was aware of how cold he was and the numbness he was feeling was from the cold and potential frostbite than linger electrocution damage. He quickly drops down to grab his pack and the pack with all the armor plates he collected and shoulders them, grunting at the strain. As Kate approached him to help, he waves her off politely. "I got this let's get Bri- sh-shit!" He cursed when the fox-woman preformed her own 'check mate' putting more of those charges on Brianna and threatening to set them off.

He wished he hand a gun right now; one quick motion he'd roll the white-hoodied fox dead on her back. Yet he didn't have a gun, and right now, Brianna's safety was priority. "You don't have to threaten her life, she can't fight back..." Axel growls lightly, but his attempt at being defiant and intimidating came off rather lame due to his wobbly stance. 'Damn, did that rod do more of a number to me than I thought? Or have I been out in the cold without proper protection too long...?'

Pleadingly, Axel looks to Sally, hoping she'd do the right thing whatever it was. Then he had an idea, and gently set his pack down by Kate and Sally and steps forward. "Take me... I'm the one who pissed your friend off...take me instead let her go..." He holds his arms up showing he was unarmed, "Fair trade, they take my friend I stay... you have my word...just...let my friend go."

The moment those charges fell out of the fox's hands Brianna squeeled and flinched, her tummy twitching as they landed. "Could this day get any worse..?" was all she could say. What really hit Brianna hard was seeing the Princess' expression, she almost seemed lost, like she had been beaten. "Princess just let 'er take me-"

"I told you to call me Sally," she responded with a quick glance before turning her gaze back to the fox. The predicament was serious, and Brianna knew Sally hadn't dealt with someone this careless for their own wellbeing very often, if ever. "I'll put your ally down, but you know we aren't going to leave without our lynx. Axel, stand down, let's find out what she wants first."

Lilith didn't break her gaze from Sally's, hand still shaking. "Well, you're shit out of luck then. I don't give a fuck you may or may not think you're doing. How about another ultimatum? How about I give you another minute to put her down and piss off or I pull my thumb off the switch anyways." Lilith, was fully committed to this act, however the more she stood there the more her resolve began to waver. She really didn't want to die after all, so she had to think of another way out of this situation. 

Clenching his fists Axel felt the cold inching into his bones more and more. His mind running with a million thoughts of how to defuse this scenario, but right now he was coming up empty. Almost every idea would require he have Sonic-like speed to pull off any of his ideas and not have Brianna blown up. "We gave to do something... these two." He nods to Mynt still clutched in Sally's arm. "They're not like Robotnik's usuals... they're more like the mercs I ran into in the badland zones... off their gourd..." He kept his voice low, so only Sally could hear, least his words piss off the fox.

"What do we do? We can't let them take Brianna..."

Brianna the Lynx shut her eyes and cursed under her breath. "Just go, Sally! Take care of Axel and come rescue me after, yeh? Oi'll be foine," she said, still forced onto her back by Lilith. There was an eerie silence for some time before finally Princess Sally spoke. Brianna knew she must have thought hard about what to do, but it was more than likely there was nothing to be done...

"We have no choice," muttered a reluctant Sally with gritted teeth. "We'll come back to get you, Brianna, I promise." Hearing that from Sally was more than reassuring, it made Brianna feel warm inside as tears welled up in her eyes. This was really it. Her friends.. Axel, Kate, and Sally, all forced to leave her there. As they soon left, it was like everything was in slow motion. The look on Kate's worried face, the look that pleaded they save her right then and there. Axel.. who seemed so depressed. He was hurt, and Brianna just wanted him to get fixed up so he can come back and kick their butts. But the Princess... Brianna had never seen her look like that. Worried sure, but something else about her expression made Bri's heart ache. She looked defeated. Not as if someone had bested her so she was sore, but as if she wanted so badly to do something but knew she couldn't. A sense of hopelessness...

Soon it was just Brianna, Lilith and the unconcious and terrifying echidna. It was cold. She was still wearing Axel's jacket..

Lilith was frozen in her spot, even after Sally, the feline and the male, all left she still stood there, watching them till she was out of sight. With a deep breath she slowly let it out, before pulling her thumb off the button, then pressing it again swiftly, disarming the charges. The vixen could hardly believe it, she had stared down and forced the leader of the Freedom Fighters, equipped in a modified Swatbot, to retreat. 

"This is Lilith Monos, callin for a emergency pick up. I have a captured Freedom Fighter and Mynt is unconscious. And before you say anything, no I can't carry them both back myself." She spoke into the wrist communicator. 

A short moment later a reply came through. "Wait, did you say the General is unconscious?" The confusion in the voice was apparent. 

Lilith nearly flipped shit right there. 'Yes you Legion dolt, she's fuckin unconscious, so send a damn craft to pick us up, before she wakes up and finds out that you chose to ask a stupid question rather than respond to the request. Sure as hell wouldn't want to be in your shoes if that happens."

"Y-yes maam, right away, got your coordinates and sending a retrieval squadron and craft immediately." His voice was less confused more terrified. 

"Don't call me maam..." She shot back before cutting the line and sitting back down on Brianna's chest. "So Brianna was it? Seems you and I are gonna have some time to get to know each other after all." She giggled, before reaching around and picking up all the charges. "Oh I'm sure we'll become the best of friends."