Team Acorn Community Forums
wakka

Lunch and Friends.

It was midday in Knothole and for the time being things where peaceful for once. A good time to have lunch with a friend Sophia thought and was making something simple but tasty in her kitchen. Some bread, cheese and freshly picked vegetables from her garden along with some lemonade to drink. After making there meals she wrapped them up and set them aside and looked around her home. It was all right for the most part but she felt a bit annoyed that some of her wifes clothing was left around on the floor and walked over to pick them up and tidy the place up a bit before her friend Jeremy arrived.  "Really we do have a laundry bin so im not sure why she just drops them on the floor like this?" Sophia said to herself dropping the clothing into the bin and shrugs.

"Oh well.....lest she doesn't make a habit of it." She said smiling.

The sun could be seen throughout the village of Knothole shining up part of the planet Mobius with its light. The villagers can be seen walking to and from places in their village in a time of peace, for the moment at least as one of the villagers can be seen on the road walking. A dog by of the name of Jeremy walks  toward's Sophia and her wife's hut smiling along the way. He has been looking forward to this day ever since him and Sophia agreed to have lunch together at her hut. Sure he had some jitters in his gut but it was overwhelmed by his optimistic view on what could happen today. He carried along a bag with a few items in there that he hoped Sophia would enjoy. He had a few ideas as to what could happen next between them after they were finished having lunch as he was now in front of the hut.

The first thing he notices was the flowers and the vegetable garden near the nut. He views them for a second seeing what type of vegetables were growing in the soil. He wondered if he could draw one of the vegetables as practice since he was trying out a new drawing technique and make a note to ask Sophia when he got the chance.

Going up to the door, Jeremy knocked on it and said: "Guess who here to have lunch with his good friend!!!" He yells in a happy blissful tone "Give ya a hint: he been looking forward to this and I hope you have too!!" He added waiting for a response from the other side.

It didn't take Sophia long to notice Jeremy was at the door.  She knew that voice anywhere and smile as she walked over to the door. She stood there a moment thinking about something. After a moment she laughed softly.  "Dad is that you?" She said then opened the door. "Hi daddy oh um i mean Jeremy. Come on in." She said holding the door open for him holding her arm out gesturing him to come inside. "Please come in Jeremy. Hope your ready for some good food." She said waiting for him to come inside.

Jeremy chuckled at Sophia response to what he said earlier and was grateful to know that she seem happy  today.  He didn't want to admit it but he had a feeling on the way over to her hut that felt like it wasn't going to go the way he hoped but the feeling began to disappear as he went inside the hut " Sure am Sophia!!" He said "And I'm hope your ready for some good ol fun I got planned here in this bag." He added now inside the home of Sophia and her wife, looking around Jeremy asks " So it just going to be just us here?" 

Softly she closed the door behind him and walked over to him. Her tail wagged playfully when he mentioned the bag he was carrying and was more less to her a bag full of fun. She smiled to him. "A mystery bag of fun you say?" She said and offered him a seat. She then walked over to a basket of cloths that where all ready folded. "Yes it'll just be us hear today. Shiba's gone off to work on her magic spells after she gathers a few things to help with her magic." She grabbed a few things of cloths and opened there dresser and put them inside.

She looked back at Jeremy a moment. "Ill be done in a second Jeremy. I wanted to make sure the house was clean by the time you got hear and some how i forgot to put these away." She said.  "Hows things going for you?" She asked wondering how his week went as to hers. The thought of what happen to her garden with what ever creature it was that ruined much of her produce was still fresh in her mind.

"Oh, I'm doing fine thanks for asking Sop" He replied, "Just going what I do every day, train,eat ,draw, sleep and repeat." He added saying the last few words in the form of a rhythm moving his head a bit with each word said. "Don't won't worry about cleaning your hut just because of me. You should see my room, it is a mess. With a shock there and a glove there and the shoes there" He said pointing to one place in the hut then another illustrating his clothes around his own nut. "So don't worry about it ok?" He finished with a question. " So how are you and Shiba doing?" He asked, "I been told a married life is not always easy."

She laughed softly to what he said about his hut being a mess but to her she wasn't to surprised by this given his life style that he had just mentioned. "Well ill done in a second Jeremy. Lest after this i can relax knowing im not forgetting something." She said and put another handful away then closed and opened another drawer adding pants and other leggings away. She stopped a moment looking slightly up thinking a moment when he mentioned married life not always being easy but there was clearly something else on her mind as well. After a moment she looked back at him. "No its not all ways easy as you said Jeremy. There are some things where having trouble working out. But i mean its beautiful and filled with love and all but just for once id love it if she would put her own cloths away instead of me doing it." She sighed and laughed.

"But for now id settle with her just putting her none clean cloths in the bin to be washed. But meh." She said with a shrug then put the last of the clothing away. "There that's the last of it." She said with a smile then walked over to her kitchen. "Would you like some juice to drink Jeremy? Its lemonade." She said holding up a gourd and two cups.

" Good to hear that the married life is going well for you and your wife Sophia." He said, " I'm told to put away my clothes by my grandpa a lot of times." He admitted scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "I guess that just goes to show how love can play a part in things like these. Whether it would be a grandson and a grandfather or two married couples." He finished sitting down on a chair and putting down his bag next to him and the chair. He began to open his bag as Sophia offers him lemonade. 

"Sure Sophia, who doesn't love lemonade?" He answered "Considering the heat outside I think this a great time to try some lemonade." 

She smiled when he mentioned having a grandfather. To her it made some sense as to how his life style was but it all so made her happy knowing that even in a time of war there where still good people and elderly around to help guide us in troubling times. "Mmm hmm who doesn't? Just about everyone i know in Knothole loves lemonade." After hearing him talk about his grandfather she was a bit curious about him. "How is your grandfather?" She asked as she poured his drink then hers. After doing so she watched him open his bag curious as to what he had inside.  After a moment she sat down. "So what you got hiding in your mystery bag?" She asked in a playful manner. 

"My grandfather? He fine with the occasional crankiness that you would expect from someone his age." He anwsered adding, "But he still tires to teach from right and wrong, not to mention helping some of the younger mobians on how to fight just in case something really bad happens." He thought a bit about his grandfather for a second, thinking about what he been though over the years and made a note to spend some time with him after this.

When he was asked about his bag and the stuff in it he made a grin on his face "Well I thought we could do other things while I'm here." He said "I got a few things in here like..." He went into his bag and pulled out a book and some pencils. " We can draw a few things with the paper and pencils I bought." He said "Also brought this as well..." He pull down the paper and pencil and  pulled out a container of food. "It something our nieghbor made for me and my grandfather for watching her child at the last second. I thought you might want to try it out." He said.

Sophia smile and even chuckled a bit when he mentioned his grandfather being a bit cranky at times but it all so made her happy when he mentioned him being like a mentor teaching others. "He sounds like a really great person Jeremy." She said with her tail swooshing side to side. She watched him pull out a book and pencils. She was surprised at first when he mentioned drawing. For someone as active as him she didn't take him for the artist type.

"Art and snacks? That sounds good Jeremy. I used to draw to but that was a long time ago before my work with alchemy took its place. But i think i still have my old artist touch. What should we draw?" She said to him brushing her hair back. She looked at the snacks he was holding. "Do you know what it is?" She asked wondering as to what it was the snacks where. 

"Yeah, I know he a sound good person deep inside," Jeremy said the thoughts of his grandfather show up in this mind. " Heck, he is a good person if a little cranky and what not." He added. He continued to pull out some more but Sophia asked him what to draw, causing him to stop and turned to her." Well we could draw anything really." He answered " You could use anything in here for reference if you feel you can't draw something from scratch. It's something I do to when I can't start drawing."

She then asked him about the snacks "Well, from I was told by the mother who made the food" He started " It's supposed to be something she used to eat growing up as a kid. He was able to learn it from her parents as he grew up" He moves over the container opening it up. Inside the container was  different foods. Jeremy pointed to one "This is one is called.....Pirozki...or something like that.."Jeremy said trying to remember the name of the food."It has rice, eggs and some vegetables in there too. I tried it and it tastes really good!!! You should try it when you're ready to."

(Here a link to the food Jeremy meant if you were wondering : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirozhki)

Sophia nodded her head as he spoke of him. She was happy because it reminded her of her own grandfather that was no longer with her. So she was happy to hear about him then turned her attention from him to what Jeremy brought with and with interest. She reached over and grabbed a few pieces of paper and some art supply's. When Jeremy mentioned that the mother or the person he got the food from grew up with it she was even more curious to see what it was he had. Then he mentioned something called pirozki and she tilted her head a bit. "Whats it called?" She said looking somewhat surprised by its name. The name was odd to her but what was in it sounded really good.

"I never heard of that kind of food before but i does smell really to me." She said and cutely tapped her nose giving him a cute little wink. "Well we could eat now and have my snacks for later if where hungry again later on Jeremy." She said wondering what they wanted to do first.

(Never heard of that before myself. Looks like something good to cook up some time. :)  )

Jeremy tried again to remember the name of the food he showed to Sophia but this time he did so harder than before. "I believe she said it was called...."Jeremy stopped as he tit his head a bit  trying to  say the name of the food. "Pirozki or Pir-oz-hki... something like that, it's on the tip of my tongue..." He was now getting a bit frustrated at not knowing the pronunciation of the word. "Just take my word Sophia, it Pirozki or something like that." He said in a fast-paced tone.  

After hearing Sophia talk about the food he replied, "Yeah me and my grandfather said the same thing too. You know a food is good when it smells good I always say."  He said right before he asked about the food. "You know what, you decide on what do next." He responds, smiling at her.

Sophia sat there a moment thinking but a quiet rumble in her stomach made the call for her. "Okay well lets not worry about it then. How about we eat first, do a quick clean up and see what we can draw up?" She said with a smile then got up walking over to her kitchen getting plates, napkins and forks for them to use then walked over to Jeremy setting his plate, napkin and fork down. "The smell of it was just to good to put off." She said and sat down across from him waiting for him to dish up then held her own plate out. "Since where on the topic of food whats some of the best things you like to make?" She said to him interested to see what he has come up with.

Upon hearing Sophia suggestion, Jeremy nodded " Sure then, that sounds great." He watched Sophia get the stuff needed for the lunch, then while he grabbed the container of food he brought and opened to count how much food there were one more time before they started to eat it. Afterward, he placed the container in the center of the table. Jeremy then looked at the pencils and paper he brought and thought it would be best to move them away from the table since they would get in the way. He walked over and picked up the items and moved them over toward a chair and placed them there.

Jeremy was then asked another question from Sophia "What had I made before....shh nothing really fancy" He admitted sitting on a chair in front of the table, "I made sandwiches that to me looked good but nothing that requires a lot of cooking skills." He added "My grandfather doesn't really let me cook on the stove since I make a mess there once.  Funny thing with cleaning up after cooking, you think you clean up everything but someone always points a spot you miss." 

He then directed to ask her a question "So what have you made for us to eat?"

Sophia was lost in thought for a moment when he mentioned someone pointing out a missed spot. I truth it reminded her of her father when her mother was the one pointing missed spots. "Well even sandwiches can be made really good to Jeremy. It just takes the right know how and next thing you know it you'll be making BLT's." She said giving him thumbs up. "And really Jeremy i think most if not all family's are like that. My mother was all ways pointing at spots when my father would need to use the stove for cooking something or more so warming up a potion. That....made her really mad some times." She laughed.

When he asked her what she had made for today she walked over to her kitchen and pulled out a long large sub sandwich and a bowl of mixed fruits. "I made us a large and tasty sub sandwich with lots of goodies on it but best of all fresh and tasty cheese." She said with her tail wagging then she held up the bowl of fruits. "And a bowl of tasty melon varieties as the most healthiest part." She said and set them back on the counter and sat down again and held her plate out to him.

Jeremy smiled upon hearing Sophia talking about her family and liked how similar they were to his grandfather. A part of him couldn't help but think about his own mother and wondered how she was like as he didn't know her much. He felt sad not being able to see her and his father anymore but made sure that Sophia didn't see it as he didn't want to change the mood right now so instead he laughed at Sophia story. "I bet it did Sophia." He replied laughing as well. " My grandfather said that what makes a couple, a couple you know?" He said " Going through the good and the bad times in the end because you love each other."

After talking about the previous subject Jeremy heard what food Sophia made for the lunch the two are going to have and looked at each of them. "Wow, you made all of this Sophia because they look delicious!" He complemented "I bet your wife loves your cooking huh?"

She nodded to him when he mentioned going through the good times with the bad. "Yes and thankfully there's been more good then bad recently." She said then knocked on the table with her free hand. "Knock on wood." She said then set her plate down near him. "Can you dish me up a slice Jeremy. Just looking at the food you brought is making me hungry." She said smiling. When he asked her about having made the sub and fruits for there meal and Shiba loving her cooking she couldn't help but blush from pride. She knew she could cook but just didn't know how well others would see her cooking.

"Thank you Jeremy. Shiba does love my cooking and i can cook pretty decently but im not sure if im that good." She said giving a blushing sigh. 

(Hey man things are going to start slowing down now the closer we get to Thanksgiving. Tonight is going to be a busy night but tomorrow im free for the most part. Feel like taking a good wack at finishing up this topic? )

(I'm open to continuing this post throughout Thanksgiving so it up to you.)

Jeremy nodded "Sure thing Sophia!!" He answered as he went and grabbed a fork and then a plate for Sophia. He out down the plate and moved over to the container and grab some food with the fork, making sure he didn't make a mess. " I hope this will enough for you, if not then you can get some more." He said having a plate of food including the Pirozhki he mentioned earlier on there as well as other foods that Jeremy brought along with him. "If you want to know about any of the food on the plate then let me know ok?" He said handling her the plate.

Upon hearing the comment about her cooking skills Jeremy replied, "Well I know if a WAY better cook than I am." He said "At least you know how to cook food, me? I probably burned the food something. I can see how, me showing my grandfather the food I made for dinner that all burned up and him giving me a look afterward." He finished with a light laugh. "Sophia could you cut me a slice of that sub please?" He asked with a big smile that show all of his teeth.

She watched him dish her a plate up of the Pirozhki and some of the other food he had. When he said he mentioned hoping it would be enough food for her she simply smiled. Then when he mentioned asking him what each food was she nodded and took the plate he handed her. "Thank you Jeremy but im sure it'll be enough. I'm a small girl after all." She laughed. "And sure." She said and got up to go cut him a slice of the sub making sure she scooped any stray filling back into the sub. As she did she turned back to the topic of his cooking skills.

"Well with practice Jeremy everyone can learn to cook and if you'd like i can help teach you how to cook if you'd like." She said to him setting a slice of the sub onto a plate and adding some of the mixed fruits to his plate then walked over handing him the plate. "Bon Appetit" She said and waited for him to take his plate before sitting down.

(All right we'll just post as normal when we can. Got a large dog im watching for a friend for 7 more days and all my family's coming over soon. Going to be a long tiring road ahead. XD  )

"Thank you, Sop." Jeremy thanked moving the plate with the sub and mixed fruits to him. "Bon Appetit indeed. "He said grabbing the sub and taking a bite out of it." Hmm" He chewed the sub taking a few bites down toward the food, using his tongue to taste the sub and after a few seconds he swallowed the food. "IT TASTE GREAT!!!" He said," I really need to take my time with this." He added taking another bite. After swallowing another part of the sub he asked Sophia, "What in the sub?" He put down the sub and looked at the fruit grabbed a piece of fruit and puts it in his mouth eating it. "Nice piece of fruit here by the way."

Sophia decided to watch Jeremy try out his part of the sub before digging into the slice of Pirozhki he had given her. She blushed with delight that the sub turned out good and that he liked how it tasted. The she head him talk about taking his time and asked what was in it. "Mmm hmm. Sub sandwiches are one of those foods you need to savor and eat slowly. That way you can taste all the good flavors in them." She said and took a sip of her drink.

"Inside the sub is nothing to special but its a mixture of vegetables and herbs Jeremy. Sub sandwiches can be either simple or complex and that's where adding herbs and other spices come into play and can make a good sub even better." She said to him then pointed to a nearby shelf with dried herbs and spices. "Some are wild herbs and some are home grown and kept sealed to keep them fresh for the best taste and use for them."

When he mentioned the fruit she picked up a fork and knife to cut the Pirozhki with. "Thanks. There all so home grown of course but there all so some of what was left after what happened in the garden that time." She said to him then carefully held the Pirozhki in place with her fork then cut a small piece of it holding it up examining it. "All right lets give this a taste." She said taking a bite of it and instantly smiling enjoying the taste of it. "This...what's it called thing... Pir..ozh...ki." She said trying to pronounce it correctly. "It tastes really good." She said and put the tip of the fork back in her mouth again getting a quick second taste of it.

(Ahh finally family's all gone home Mac. Your Thanksgiving was just as good to? :)  )

(Oh it was a pretty good Thanksgiving , staying home, eating food and playing videos games. Pretty good indeed.... ;)8-).  How was yours? )

"Wait.." He stopped eating his sub upon hearing the information about subs in shock. "You can make subs with any meat!? Whoa." He said in amazement "This changes everything now forever for me." He added taking a bite of the sub once again. " I can taste those herb Sophia." He said after swallowing his food . "They taste...healthy and herby." He described quickly taking a bite of fruit. "And the fruit taste fruity well done with the food." He said enjoying his meal  that he is eating, a part of him knew he today was going to be a good day with her. He stopped for a second as he watched her take a bite of the Pirozhki, wondering how she would react to the food in her mouth.

Upon finding out Sophia enjoyed the food he  did a belief sigh " Good to know, for a tiny second there I thought you weren't going to like it. Please enjoyed for as long as you can and make sure you taste all of the flavors before you shallow ok? But I don't need to tell you that you seem to already be doing that.

(Filling but finally reached my fill of turkey for the year. XD Glad i can relax now though. All so to be honest in the Sonic world i wasn't to sure about the whole meat thing. XD I mean it'd be like animals eating there own kind and all. XP Well time to go cook some late night dinner.)

She nodded to him to his last comment and was indeed enjoying the taste of it. After a bit more chewing she swallowed it. "I am. I haven't tasted anything like this before and even i have to admit there are some flavors to it im not sure about or lest what was used in making the Pirozhki." She said finally nailing down how to pronounce it. "And as for the sub yes there isn't any. Nothing but a good heart healthy sub sandwich and im glad you like the herbs in it." She said and took another bite of the Pirozhki. After awhile had passed she soon had finished her meal setting her plate aside and took a swig of juice.

"Ahh all finished. That was really Jeremy. Thanks for bringing it."  she said and waited patiently for him to finish his.