Team Acorn Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blazeymix

Donations!

As I mentioned in a topic in RP Discussions, I'm opening up a Donation Pool to upgrade the forums and get some awesome new features for them that we couldn't have before. Donations will help pay for improvements and overhalls to our forums, so if you wish to donate, please consider doing so. PM me for further instructions.

Donators will in fact be rewarded. In many ways as time goes on, for now, they'll receive a special "Donator" under their name, and other privileges once the new update hits. They'll also be made into honorary Team Acorn members, under a special group just for donators. Donating large amounts gives a higher status than a lower amount as well, to be fair to someone who has a lot of extra cash to spare and a ton of generosity. Donating $1-15 will give you a bronze member status. Donating $16-35 will give you a Silver member status. Donating $36-99 will you give you a gold member status. Donating $100 or more will give you a Emerald member status. In the future there will be a difference in what your status will earn you. The higher the better. :P As an added perk, donators will be given free membership access if and when Team Acorn becomes a paysite. The forums will remain free however that goes. So think it over. :)

Goal: $320
Once we reach our goal, we can afford to upgrade to the new forums and have all sorts of features we couldn't before.

Note: I realize we're a small community so a lot or most of us might now be able to donate anything, HOWEVER spreading the word and finding someone to donate will automatically give you Donator status as that is contributing. Let's see how this goes. :D (Thanks to Mathew for starting us out! And such a BIG help too!)

Donators: Mathew (Emerald Donator), Adam332 (Emerald Donator), Weltall84 (Silver Donator), Wakkatheman (Gold Donator)
Current amount raised: $270

Another $50 and we will have covered the entire cost of the new license!

After the goal has been reached, we'll still be accepting donations! They will help support TA so they're a very good thing. :)

Donating to TA will help us pay for things like Prizes for contests and the renewal of the site license!

Donating to ME would help me pay bills and live while I work on art and keep this place from falling apart!

Reward for donating to me: If donated $50 or higher, you will get all Gold or Emerald benefits plus a free full commission from me! Please consider it, it'd help me a lot! Or donate to TA, it'd help us a lot! x)

Donations DO stack, so making multiple donations will grant you multiple rewards! 

Please donate here: https://inkbunny.net/donate.php?user_id=122402 Paypal only, USD only

Hold up, hold on a second, this could become a paysite at some point? What the heck, why would you just casually slip something like that in there and not elaborate on it like it was no big deal? I mean I'm planning on donating but still this just came as a big shock to me.

Hold up, hold on a second, this could become a paysite at some point? What the heck, why would you just casually slip something like that in there and not elaborate on it like it was no big deal? I mean I'm planning on donating but still this just came as a big shock to me.

The paysite would be for the main Team Acorn site. The forums would stay free like she said.

The paysite would be for the main Team Acorn site. The forums would stay free like she said.

Oooooooooh...

I'm sorry SaL, I misunderstood what it said, I'm so sorry for freaking out.

Our new forum will have an economy system too!

So, If you donate, you'll get a little head start.

Bronze donators will get a cash injection of ℟100 and all ℟ings earned will be 1.1x* higher than other users

Silver donators will get a cash injection ℟250 and all ℟ings earned will be 1.2x* higher than other users

Gold donators will get a cash injection of ℟500 and all ℟ings earned will be 1.3x* higher than other users

Emerald donators will get a cash injection of a whopping ℟2,000 and all ℟ings earned will be 1.5x* higher than other users!

℟ings will be the in-world currency and will be usable to trade between users and for items in shops either to use in the RP world or to use on the forums (username changes, additional rights, flashy titles, etc).

Donating will give you a heck of a boost, especially if you are a frequent poster!

*"Donator Boosts" are valid for 1 year from purchase.

Please note all values above are subject to change and Team Acorn reserve the right to modify or withdraw these perks at any time

Fair point.

I'm just hoping someone else donates soon. I want to see all the new stuff that can be done!

You and I both. XD

I'm waiting on paypal to transfer more money. So about 10 days time I should be able to donate.

Not exactly, but we're hoping to get the rest in another week or two at the most. Also, both you and Adam are under the Emerald Donator members, and you have been givin 2,000 rings each. For now, consider the amount you have as set. Anything more you earn might not count until I figure out what will earn you what.

While we were able to buy the license, thanks to all you generous awesome people, especially  the twins, we are still short and in need of help. I will update the donation information for you guys to see what is new. :)

While we were able to buy the license, thanks to all you generous awesome people, especially  the twins, we are still short and in need of help. I will update the donation information for you guys to see what is new. :)

So I take it that the information listed here is still valid then? No background, four character limit, etc?

Okay.

Reward for donating to me: If donated $50 or higher, you will get all Gold or Emerald benefits plus a free full commission from me! Please consider it, it'd help me a lot! Or donate to TA, it'd help us a lot! x)

This is only for donating to you right? Not Team Acorn?