Team Acorn Community Forums
shenkuri

apha thoughts

if this is in the wrong place I apologize but I didn't see any topics on were to put thoughts on the alpha so i'm gonna write here. for a alpha build this is surprisingly well made for a rpg most times the few I find tend to have all kinds of bugs like walking off the map falling off the map or plain old unresponsive buttons with no story. but this game no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get off the map  or fall or get stuck anywhere and more....the story so far it almost feels like it could actually be cannon in a way and the way sally and bunny interact with each other believable to even the accent so far seems right I think i'm from Colorado so....lol i'm worst choice to judge that...well what accent is that. southern farmer?

Yet as I was playing I couldn't but fall off my chair laugh when ran into monster ogling Bunny Rabbot. who names a monster JERRY XDXD seriously....but this is meant as a bad laugh no no....that was great humor there if meant to be either way keep that name please ^^well ok two lol moments the second one was the bunny clothes although in truth I saw that one coming.so in general i'm actually all the more excited to see this game come out in full and i'd rather be patient and give the devs time to really work this out. I cant wait to see just how crazy and silly this gets that and wishing I could help someway but  I cant draw, program or any of the likes but I can write bios, make characters and the occasional story still so far the game is good and some of the challenges seriously test ones mind as I kept failing at some points.so all in all before I go off topic it's a very good game and I only really found one bug....

bug: only bug I found was sometimes when jerry does his default attack  he actually ends up doing nothing  and skips a turn causing the game to lag for a few second before going to sally's turn with no action taken on Jerry's part.

On 6/15/2018 at 0:02 AM, shenkuri said:

if this is in the wrong place I apologize but I didn't see any topics on were to put thoughts on the alpha so i'm gonna write here. for a alpha build this is surprisingly well made for a rpg most times the few I find tend to have all kinds of bugs like walking off the map falling off the map or plain old unresponsive buttons with no story. but this game no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get off the map  or fall or get stuck anywhere and more....the story so far it almost feels like it could actually be cannon in a way and the way sally and bunny interact with each other believable to even the accent so far seems right I think i'm from Colorado so....lol i'm worst choice to judge that...well what accent is that. southern farmer?

Yet as I was playing I couldn't but fall off my chair laugh when ran into monster ogling Bunny Rabbot. who names a monster JERRY XDXD seriously....but this is meant as a bad laugh no no....that was great humor there if meant to be either way keep that name please ^^well ok two lol moments the second one was the bunny clothes although in truth I saw that one coming.so in general i'm actually all the more excited to see this game come out in full and i'd rather be patient and give the devs time to really work this out. I cant wait to see just how crazy and silly this gets that and wishing I could help someway but  I cant draw, program or any of the likes but I can write bios, make characters and the occasional story still so far the game is good and some of the challenges seriously test ones mind as I kept failing at some points.so all in all before I go off topic it's a very good game and I only really found one bug....

bug: only bug I found was sometimes when jerry does his default attack  he actually ends up doing nothing  and skips a turn causing the game to lag for a few second before going to sally's turn with no action taken on Jerry's part.

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback :) I'm really happy you had fun! So first, I'm the writer of CoA. As you might find out if you look in the archived RP threads here, I play a very convincing Princess Sally. As a matter of fact, everybody couldn't imagine anybody playing her! On top of that, most saw me as the best RPer/writer in the forums, and I admit I definitely got a knack for writing. :) While making Chronicles of Acorn, I always knew I wanted the characters to feel like them. I wanted them to be as authentic as I could make them. The story as well, I am striving to make it believable in the Sonic-verse. This isn't going to be a cheesy hentai game starring Sonic characters. As the director and writer, I'm trying my best to write something serious, meaninful, funny, and most of all: Sonic. So I'm really glad you enjoyed the writing so far. I admit the bunny suit thing was mostly a joke and a test to try out Sallyhot's Bunny outfit in the game. Same with the nudity. I'll likely rewrite that part later.

It sounds like you may have missed a few secrets. Try searching the Western Great Forest Dungeon a bit more thoroughly. The cave with Jerry. ;) Then, try looking for it again in Hard Mode. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the gameplay. I did intentionally make it challenging, but I had to tone this down a bit because it may have been too hard at first. Sallyhot enjoys the mechanics I place for the bosses especially, saying he's played many old school RPGs and he's shocked I come up with unique mechanics. :D Anyway, let me know what you thought of Sally and Bunnie's playstyle and moveset. They both eventually have a skill rotation, so I'm curious if you used that or not. :)

Hey everyone! I've noticed that there has been some talk about migrating to Discord for instant messaging on the forum. I wanted to open up a discussion on the pros and cons of making the switch.