Team Acorn Community Forums
Blazeymix

A Damsel not in Distress *P*

There it was. One of the most beautiful sights she had ever seen. The sun, barely able to make it through the thick trees and leaves and branches of the forest, shined in just one small spot as if it were meant to be. In that spot, a flower, flowing in the breeze, it's petals dancing softly as the flower glowed and stood proudly in the warmth of the sun. Birds sang happily, the air was fresh and smelled divine, Ingrid had never been so refreshed and intrigued in all her days in seeing such beauty with her very own ey--

Splosh!

A swatbot boot smashed it flat as the bot walked forward toward it's destinaiton.

Ingrid the Rabbit, frozen as she stared at the now lifeless and destroyed flower covered by a large boot print in the dirt, took in a breath and stared forward.

The 4 Swatbots accompanying her kept up a consistent pace around her. Two in front of her, two behind her. They only moved so far ahead or behind her before automatically stopping to wait in case she stopped. Her mission was patrol the forest and search for any sign of Freedom Fighter activity. Ingrid was always the first one to volunteer for such missions, as there was hardly anything more she enjoyed than seeing so much life and studying it with her senses.

With a small sigh, the graceful rabbit with calm and beautiful strides, walked forward to continue the patrol.

"Boooooooring!"  In his own little tranquil spot, or most of his tranquil spots, or just all of them at once, a blue streak sped by, Sonic the Hedgehog.  Moving too fast for the naked eye, Sonic the hedgehog was having to go on patrol again.  "Boring, boring, boring, boring!"  Most just watching things go by at super sonic speeds.  "And in the most lamest of places too.  This route needs more spark," he juiced to a tree top.  "More pizzazz!" Down to a rock.  "More...  SWATBUTTS!"

Just as rounded a group of trees, he saw them, marching like they owned the place.  Now, what Sal would have told him, watch them and see what they're doing, gather intel, assess everything. "Nope!  No chromedomes in my neck of the woods that I patrol reluctantly!"  And with his typical boom of heroics, he was on them like lightning, smashing into one into another one, knocking them off their feet and him somersaulting back.  "Oh, too cool, too cool.  The rest of yah want to play a little game of chase the-huh?"  That was when he saw Ingrid there, a little surprised but now he had someone to show off too. "Didn't see you there, miss fluffy butt.  Don't worry, this'll be done in a Sonic-second."  He jumped in the air, spin-dash style, ready to buzz them bolties into pasties!!

It all happened so fast and the rabbit was lost in her own thoughts staring at the beautiful trees, she hadn't realized two of her swatbot guards had been tripped and smashed against each other until the loud sound of metal being torn by a buzzsaw like hedgehog brought her back to reality. "A sonic... second?" she asked, wondering what that was.

"Yeah, that thing I just did.  A super Sonic second." He said wiping his hands of the non-existent dust.  "It's the thing I do and i do best. I'm Sonic little lady.  Coolest hedgehog, basher of bots, Bot-nik's bane and the fastest thing alive!"  He struck a pose, poked his chest with his thumb and bowed.  "Now, M'lady, should I smash this bots and whisk you to safety or we just gonna keep chattin'?"  His feet revved up as he was about to wreck the two he knocked over.

Ingrid simply stared at the quick-talking hedgehog with the most energy she'd ever seen in a mobian before frowning and folding her arms. "There are many more Swatbots," she replied, not particularly interested in what happens to the bots that usually hampered her enjoyment of the forest. "Do you live in this forest?" she asked as he was about to undoubtably smashed the bots wriggling on the floor.

Before she could finish her sentence, the bots were smashed, heads rolling and spinning to a halt.  "Indeed I do.  You could say I'm it's protector of sorts.  Wind at my back, ground on my feet.  Making sure no techno-trash ruins it."   He kicked the head of one of the Swatbots, just to amuse himself.  "Wait!  More bots!" He bolted left and right, searching other angles and vantage points.  "Where'd you see them.  TIme to do the ol' spiny smashy and rescue rescue.  Freedom fighters got to do what a freedom fighter gots to do. Hey..."

He stopped instantly in front of her.  "You OK.  They didn't break nothing on you-u-u.  What's with your clothes lady?  That stuff looks like it could get torn.  You ever thought of something more practical?  I go with sneakers."

She couldn't keep track of the blurry blue hedgehog if she tried. Each time her eyes nearly reached him he was gone, until finally he stopped directly in front of her. A phrase caught her attention almost immediately however. 'Freedom Fighter'.

Glancing down at her attire for a moment when mentioned it, Ingrid stared back at him while pulling a book from her bag. "You are a Freedom Fighter then?" she asked while flipping through the pages of her book. Utilizing the power of her emerald crystal she chanted something in a language unknown to Mobians that she read from her book, before the air around them began to change. It was as if it were thicker, like a mirage of an invisible force surrounding them. The air contstricted and bound the hedgehog in place, effectively immobilizing him in the spot. The power of the crystal was potent enough for the spell to last a short while, long enough to call reinforcements to detain the Freedom Fighter. With the press of a button on a transmitter hidden on her person, reinforcements were on their way to pick him up.

Sonic tried to use his natural speed, move anything on his body but it was just too much.  He could still stand, maybe the spell was keeping him up at least, but he couldn't move.  "Hey!  What gives lady!!  Let me go!  What's the big idea?"  At least he could talk.  "No fair using magic!" He grunted and struggled trying to break out but whatever it was was no use.  "You're making a big mistake."

"Forgive me," she replied as she turned to face him and stared into his eyes with her cold and blank expression. "This is my duty. I am to capture Freedom Fighters- OOF!"

The rabbit was caught off by a hard flying kick from a sleek blue boot wearing squirrel. Princess Sally. Ingrid was knocked onto her back, the book in her possession flung behind her. Quickly the princess ran up to Sonic and attempted to touch him, only to meet an invisible wall of pressure that she could see prevented him from moving at all. "Are you okay, Sonic?" she asked in a worried voice.

"Oh yeah, Sal.  Just doing my best impression of a slow-mo statue, saving ungrateful rabbits and practicing my zen stuff.  The usual.  Nice kick by the way. Thanks for that." He was relieved at least, not knowing how to deal with magic at all.  "You think you could check out that book thing she has.  She sang something from it and now I can't move."