Team Acorn Community Forums
Sirdan87

Through the Weave of magic [Free to join; 18+]

The flow of the streams were calm during the night hours. As the stars shined bright and the moon was out. The night life of the animals were serene as nature intended it. All seemed well for the night, until in a flash of a moment, splashing noises were made. Mixed in with coughing and hacking for air as a being from the stream emerges. After the being caught his breath he scanned the area. "Where am I?" He asked himself. Naked and alone and unsure of the events that brought him here to these lands. The being got out of the stream and looked around. The nature of the area was unknown to him. He decided to follow the stream until he met someone who could help him. Naked and alone, as his scales glisten from the water he emerged from. He used his wings to cover himself as he walked down along the stream.

It was about an hour before he came upon a settlement of sorts, not sure who these being were or if they were peaceful, he decided to find out. As the naked dragon who stood 6'01" and had Pryrite and Ruby hued scales covered in spikes, hopefully he doesn't scare the local residence.

The sudden appearance of the dragon had not gone unnoticed as he originally thought, as luck would have it, a certain kitsune had been meditating during which time, his appearance was felt, as she was most in tune with the Mystic district of the city, and all its magick wielding residents. Her curiosity piqued the moment she sensed someone new, who's energy felt far different than what she was used to sensing. No sooner had he appeared than did she leave her home in search of this being. Clothed in her usual illusions, tonight they took the shape of her formal Kimono, as she rarely 'wore' anything else inside her district.

Given her own age as well as natural affinity for magick, she doubted anyone else would sense this being, she probably wouldn't have either if not for her meditation. 

It wasn't hard spotting the newcomer, as he stood out like a sore thumb given his lack of clothing. Not to mention being a dragon, there weren't many of them around either. She managed to catch him just before he got too close to the residences of the district. 

"You know, it would probably be best if you obtained some form of clothing before wandering around homes at night. Some people might get the wrong idea." She spoke loud enough to catch his attention as she casually approached him from the side of the houses, her tails swishing softly in the night air.

Surprised by the sudden voice as he turns to the Kitsune. Trying to cover himself with his wings. "W-well, I was trying to find something to wear. But I don't know of this place. Where is this place and who are you?" The dragon asked with curiosity as he examined the Kitsune. "I'm Sir Dan Longhorn. Normally I would conjure something temporarily, but my connection to magic is a little off."

The Dragon bears Ruby and Pyrite scales before you. What nakedness he tries to cover tends to peak out as you get a good glimpse.

Kori chuckled softly as he tried to cover himself up even more, resulting in him exposing a little more than what he was trying to hide. "You're in the Mystic District of the City. And I do mean THE City. This is the only large habitable spot left on the planet. The connection to magic would be off since from what I felt, is because you're trying to tap into a type which doesn't exist in this world."

Kori bowed softly as she glanced over him again. "My name is Kori Yuki. I am the current, and probably eternal district head for the Mystic District. I'd suggest taking a minute to attune yourself to the magic here. That is if you know how. You'd be surprised at how often people with a natural affinity for magic can lose touch with the very aether around them."

"In case you're wondering, I noticed you appearing here the moment you arrived. I say this world, because I've lived here longer than most and have experienced and tasted every kind there is on this world." She smiled, her kind tone steady as she folded her hands into her sleeves. "If you would like I could 'loan' you some clothes, illusions are my specialty. Well illusions and ice really."

He bowed in return after hearing her title to show proper respect. During that brief moment he removed his hands from covering himself, Kori had a full glimpse of his nudity. "Good to meet you Kori Yuki. I'm surprised you are able to feel my magical presence for what little trace there is in I at the moment." He stands back up and soon realizes he's still naked. "A fresh pair of clothes would be nice right about now. considering I fell in" He was interrupted mid sentence as he slightly sniffled and soon sneezed. "Water."

He sniffed after his sneeze. "As far as it goes for attuning myself. I'm gonna need to meditate and possibly some incense for that to help. I don't suppose it be too much of me to ask you of that kind of service too, would it?" The dragon was nervous, but had no one to rely on either. Still, he wondered but decided to hold back on asking what she meant by tasting on this world. But he also had to confirm one other thing. "For the kindness you have shown me thus far, is there anything you wish for me to pay you back?"

As Kori and the dragon were talking they were being watched by a pair of curious eyes hidden behind vegetation. They belonged to a Blue Komodo Dragon named June. She had  came to this area of the mystic springs when she heard the sound of splashing and went to check it out. She was naked and kept well hidden in the forest, not wanting to draw attention to herself for her to stay around long enough to see what they are upto.

She then notices a tree next to her and she hops onto it climbing up to a place where she can be hidden while also looking at the Kori and this strange new arrival. She then gets a gander at them both as they spoke. Her tail holds tightly on the branch as she watches the two of them talking hoping that she is not discovered by climbing this tree and watches

Kori was doing a very good job ignoring his nudity, even though it was right there. "I can get you a pair of pants at least, but after that I'm afraid you'll be on your own. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was favouring you. When I'm in this district I'm scrutinised very much and seem to be under constant surveillance. Something about my frequent 'disappearances' as well as rumours of 'behaviour unbecoming' of the District head." She chuckled softly at that last part, unaware of the komodo dragon watching from the tree's behind.

The kitsune with a snap of her fingers formed a pair of pants out of thin air before handing them to Dan. "Just a heads up, these are an illusion. They may feel and appear real but that is the power of a kitsune's illusions. They will fade after about two day's, so I'd best find some way to acquire some more clothes, else you'll be walking around pants-less again. Might actually scare some of the locals if that happened." She laughed a little harder as her tails swished softly, a fine mist flowing from them, sparkling in the night. "As for repaying me, think nothing of it. Just show my people the same kindness and help them and all will be well. But do make sure you get a real pair of pants. Kitsune's have been known to be furious tricksters. Or so I've been told." She gave him one more smirk, leaving it up to him to interpret that.

June watched every movement they make, including the the misty sparkles that the kitsune made with her tails and listening to their conversation. She would then  slide down the tree and continue to watch, getting ready to follow them if they start moving. But also getting ready to flea should she be discovered and attacked. Her tail swaying a bit as she keeps a lock on them with her curious red eyes, as the kitsune and the dragon exchange in their conversion.

She then lays low enough to where she disappeared in the tall grass. These were skills she built up after watching predators when they hunted prey, though her intent has no malice in this position.

Dan was listening intently on what he needed to do. He slowly took the pants that Kori have crafted, and have slipped them on "A bit snug, but perfect. Normally I prefer robes myself, easy access and all" He chuckled a little. "I'll take your words into account for helping your kind out. I wouldn't mind helping out in a mage quarter or a library if possible. I'll check in on what's available in the morning when people are awake. Thank you for you assistance, Kori Yuki." He bows one more time before you.

"Umm, before we part. I would like to ask one more thing if I may, Yuki. You believe we will see each other again? I would enjoy showing you what kind of magick I am capable of once I have reestablish with the weave of this world." Dan asked with a soft smile.

June watched as he placed he puts his pants on and then looks at her own body which lacks any form of clothing whatsoever.. She then steps  further back into the forest to make sure she can see them but not be detected by them.She then hears the mention of them parting ways which has her decide who to follow next.

The stranger dragon, she had never seen before in her life, but the kitsune had never seen someone who could do what she did. She knows that this was at least a d safe place to wonder around in compared tot he deeper areas of the forest.

"You assume I plan on leaving you right away. While you are completely new to this world it is my duty to watch and keep an eye on you, at least for a time until I discern if you truly mean to help or harm." Kori continued her kind smile, the mist from her tails slowly expanding as the temperature dropped slightly. "Now then, the library is a place that could always use help, but they are very strict dawn till dusk hours. At this time of night nothing here is really open, well except the hot springs. So you did mention needing to meditate, the springs always have incense going as well as the water is very magical, pulled from deep in the earth. Everyone in the City loves to come here to really unwind."

As the mist slowly expanded, it neared June's location, slowly creeping past where she was and continuing deeper. 

June looked around trying to make sense of what is happening. She then detected the temperature drop which caused her to to curl up a bit to keep her warm. She stays around n ot wanting to lose track of the two them before she realized the temperature only dropped slightly and then crawls through the grass, making her get a bit too close to their location.

Eventually stopping and then looking around to make sure she was somewhere not to close or too far from the kitsune and dragon in the area.  But make sure she laid lower to the ground and listens for them.

"Well" He started off saying "I guess it's best to go to the Hot springs then. The quicker I can tune myself with the weave the better. Then I can show you I mean more help than harm." He noticed it was getting a bit colder. "Which way is it to the Hot spring? Wouldn't mind warming up either." He smiled, waiting to follow or to be guided to the location.

Kori's tails swished and in one fluid motion they all seemingly merged into one single tail, albeit a bit fluffier than any other tail by itself. "Just follow me." Her Kimono shifted into a different outfit, her normal attire as it were, jeans and top. "Can't have you wandering around based on vague descriptions. Who knows where you'd end up." As she started walking away, she made sure he was following before turning to the forest and looking right in the direction of their little spy. "Now would you like to come too? I can't imagine its warm out for you either." To anyone unfamiliar with the kitsune, the mist the created and scattered along with the temperature drop wasn't just for show. It was something like a radar, anything entering the mist, would create movement and would let her know they were there. She didn't know who, or why this person was watching from a distance, so she figured this would either spook them into leaving, if they did have bad intentions or encourage them to socialize as well.

June noticed her and before she could flee, the kitusne offer  for her to come along with them. She nods and then stands up on her feet and accepts the offer to join the dragon and kitsune wherever they go. and she watches where they go and she would follow.

Dan followed Kori as she lead the way. Confused at first when she spoke out into the mist, until June approached them. He quickly eyed them to take in what details they offered out of curiosity. He stayed close to Kori as she lead the way.

It only took a few minute before they were at the large ornate entrance to the hot springs. Once inside she headed to the women's locker room without a word, letting Dan figure out the rest. After getting a glimpse at the lizard gal she honestly didn't know whether the male or female locker room would be their choice, given she wasn't wearing any clothes already. Kori only really was in the locker room long enough to change her outfit once again into a two piece bikini. Normally people bathed in the nude in the springs but Kori didn't like to give anyone any idea's about her. 

As Dan was lead the way, he eyed the passing area to be more familiarized with the part of town they were in as well taking in more of the surroundings. His eyes widen as they approached the Hot Springs. He realized not to follow Kori into the women's changing room.

He went into the Men's changing room, the room was empty of occupants of prying eyes. He went to a locker location and placed his pants in. There were white towels he could wear since he didn't have any swim trunks. He took a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He stepped out to the other side, spotting Kori and smiled. "You look, great." Dan said with a smile.

June Looked all around herself acting like she had never been in an indoor building before before she see's the kitsune looking back to her before she  followed her in. But she quickly stopped when she spotted  a door that led to the hot springs. She would approach the water and place her hand in it before pulling it away never feeling water at that temperature before. She would then crawl in and waits for the others to join in liking how nice it feels once you step in for the first time.

Kori smiled politely as she was complimented. "Thank you. I see our new friend here enjoys the water as well. I don't recognize her either, always so many new faces, if you've seen as many as I have its always hard to remember them all." She Smiled softly before walking over to the edge of the springs, stepping in slowly. For Kori, hot water usually didn't bode well for her but given the magical nature of the water it kept her quite comfortable. 

June smiled as she reached  a point in the water being up to her shoulders with a delightful smile on her face before she looks at Kori stepping in. June then moved over to her and sat next to her as she waits for the dragon to join us.

Seeing how everyone has already stepped into the spring, Dan too checked the water's temperature before he stepped in. Taking his towel off and leaving it at the edge of the spring as he stepped in naked. Adjusting to the water as he smiled in delight as his body warmed up. "Now this feels nice. Better than falling into a cold river unexpectedly." 

Dan looked around as he spotted Kori and the other individual. "Kori, what is it that makes these springs magical?"

"The water here flows up from deep underground, much further than any other spring or well. The water is untainted by pollution, heated by the core of the planet and forces up through pressure, cooled on its way up to the temperature. The magicks of the earth are untainted. Pollution directly affects magic since man made substances harm the planet we live on." She explains as she leans back before turning to June. "So do you have a name?"

June heard her and then nods before bringing her tail up and revealing a ring with her name imprinted on the metal. She then looked aroudn the springs and heard what she was saying about the water and the magic flowing on the earth and planet.

Dan took this all in as he was understanding how the springs magic work. "Makes sense. With that bit of knowledge I think I can begin to meditate." He takes a dip fully as he lets the water soak his every inch of his body. He slowly emerges as he looks for a spot to begin to meditate.