Team Acorn Community Forums
Blazeymix

The Beginning

Princess Sally breathed in deep to calm her nerves as she kneeled behind a large crate and waited for the spybot to fly by and out of sight. The cold thick air of the city filled her lungs, she turned her body around and sat on the ground leaning against the crate as she listened intently for any further sounds of guards. Her team should rendezvous at her location shortly, she hoped nothing went wrong on their end. She leaned to the side to take a quick peak around the edge of the crate, so far no Swatbots in sight.

Unable to shake off the uneasiness and worry, Sally pulled her personal computer NICOLE from her pack and clicked on the radio output button. "This is treebranch, checking in," she whispered into the computer microphone slot. "How close to rendezvous point?"

Softly Ashley made her way from one debris pile to the next stopping a moment to look around and get the lay of the land she now tread on a important mission. Slowly she peered around a corner catching a glimpse of two flashy swatbots making there rounds. She watched them as they moved thankfully in a direction away from herself and the rendezvous point. As she moved on she heard a faint buzzing sound of static on her two way communicator. She hesitates a moment brushing her hair back looking around for any more swatbots nearby before pressing the button.

In a firm tone of voice she replied back.  "This is Ashly. I seen some Swatbots on my path heading away from us and i'm nearing the rendezvous now...... Five minutes." She replied then pressed on after checking once more for swatbots.

Moving from one area onto the next in slow careful steps Antoine carefully took notice of his surroundings making sure he doesn't alert any swatbots near him.  Holding his saber tight just in case something bad happens he moves around heading towards the rendezvous point to meet up with the other fighters when he hears sounds of steps coming near him. He knew by experience that the steps were the sounds of swatbot coming near him. Thinking fast Antoine notice some an alleyway in between two buildings. Antoine quickly hid into the alleyway and waits for the sounds to end as the sound of steps become louder. The grip on his saber was tight as did his best to hide any signs of his presence. Antoine tried his best to act tough but was really scared inside fearing for the worse to happen but he made sure that if he was spotted he would fight. He finally sees the swat bots, three of them walking in a group near the alleyway not realizing that a freedom fighter was near them.

As they moved away from the area a sigh of relief could be heard from Antoine as a beeping sound could be heard. Knowing where it coming from he grabbed it and replied back. "Zis is Antoine, I am moving toward zee rendezvous right now." He replied in his french accent 

Sally rolled her eyes and cursed under their breath. They didn't even use their codenames. She expected that from a low experience Freedom Fighter like Ashley but Antoine? She was going to have to have a word with them later. At least they were okay, that was the one thing that brought her some relief. Once her friends arrived, they would carry on with the plan.

Holding her communicator in her right hand the half robot rabbot was holding onto a near by window ledge on a small building, metal hand gripping tight to the ledge, she was actually a few yards from Antoine actually, getting a more aerial view, "This is Bunnie reporting in Sally-girl, know I'm a little late to ya'lls mission but I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail as soon as I figure how many bots we're dealing with." she said, having counted out about 5 so far.

Extending her limbs out she slowly repelled off the wall, reaching a leg to another short building for support till she could properly grab hold of a window ledge on the other structure, it didn't take long till she spotted Ant hiding in the alleyway, staying quiet so she didn't spook him from above.

Keeping as quiet as she could Ashley moved more and more closer to the rendezvous point. It didn't take long for her to spot something that would work to her advantage and cut some time off of her ETA. There was an old crane backed up, parked and tucked away out of sight for convenient use later. She moved closer to it making sure there weren't any lingering bimbo bots around it before she dashed right up to it. She stood there a moment with her hand on the machine and looked over her shoulder once more then jumped onto the tracks then the cab and quickly scaled her way up to the top of the crane.

From her higher vantage point it didn't take her long to spot the princess at there rendezvous point. She smiled and lowered her goggles before radioing in to Sally. "I can see you Sal. I'm coming in."  She said and looked around once more then jumped from the crane quickly extending her arms out and started gliding down towards her. Not long after jumping from the crane she glided and landed near Sally on her hands and feet looking like a small collapsed tent looking up to her.

"Ashley reporting for duty." She said with a half smirk like smile.

Tweak sits in his chair watching the surveillance cameras on his computer. "The rendezvous point is clear so far"  he comments as he looks around on his other screens. " As far as i can tell you all have 10 minutes before the swat bots do their routine sweep the area."

"Thank you for letting zus know." Said Antoine who heard Tweak though the radio. " I am near zee rendezvous point very shortly." He added keeping his eyes looking around the area while replying to Tweak. Turning around a corner, the sight of princess Sally and Ashley come into Antoine's view making him smile with a sign of relief. He always tread carefully and took caution when he was in this part of mobius especially when he knows he coming here. Looking around the area one more time making sure that the swatbots are not in sight because Antoine knew it was one thing to deal with the swatbots but to deal with them around the leader of the freedom fighters was a whole another story.

Quicking running toward the rendezvous Antoine putting his saber away and now standing in front of the two ladies Antoine took a gentlemen bow. "Antoine D'Coolette at your serivee and ready for zat the mission.

The Princess smiled at her comrades for a brief moment then turned her expression into the serious look she was known for. This was no time to have fun or chit chat or goof off. They had a job to do and it was in the most dangerous place there was. "So far the coast is clear," Sally said, her radio kept on so Tweak and Bunnie were able to hear her quiet words. "We're going to move on ahead. Bunnie you should stay back and watch our flanks just in case, Ashley I want you to travel carefully up high and look out for any trouble or anything suspicious while keeping up with us. Antoine and I will move forward to the target. Tweak, standby and prepare to hack into the computer we find there when I attach NICOLE to give you the connection." In all situations, she knew just what to say and what to do to make sure the mission went safe and quick. Hopefully no trouble would find them...

Ashley stood up and shook her arms softly to get her parachute like fur to fold in comfortably making a small poof of dust rise up around her as she did.  She looked away from Sally and at Antoine but with a look of uncertainty and seriousness. She didn't know much about him and mostly kept to herself. "Antoine?" she said to him with a slight nod. She then looked back to Sally as she spoke and nodded to her when she asked her to climb up high and to keep up with them while keeping a look out for anything out of the norm.

"Understood Princess. Stay safe." She said then walked over to Antoine putting her hand on his shoulder. "I hope your ready for this." She said him with a stern look on her face then jumped up onto a sturdy part of a junk pile. Climbing up the pile was a breeze for her since it was how she mainly glided around and in a short time she was at the top looking down on them. 

Tweak cracked his knuckles as he got this programs ready. His paws moving like lightening  across his many keyboards. Within moments he was ready to hack just about anything. 

Ready but not really needed, He sighs as he watches his fellow freedom  fighters gather up. "I wish I was brave like them." He says under his breath. "But all I'm good for is support."

"As ready as I'll evair be" He replied to Ashley in a stern tone looking at her from below "Till we again, bonjour." He added drawing back out his sabre doing one last check to make sure it's in fine condition but deep inside he knew that he was. Antoine always made sure his sabre was in good condition as not only did he used it in battle it was also his father's saber and it was very important to him. But a part of worried about it, he knew there would be a chance something bad could happen to the sabre but he felt more at ease with it around him especially in moments like these. He shake his head forgetting about worrying over the saber and  went back to focusing on the mission.

"I am redy went you are mon princess." He said to Sally waiting to follow the next order.  

With that they moved. Sally leading, carefully and swiftly while watching her corners as she moved past alleyways and buildings. An occasional Swatbot squad passing by as they hid behind rubble or metal debris and waited to move. The target location was an active but smaller factory not too deep in the city. Scouts had reported a lot of activity in recent weeks and Sally wanted to find out what was going on there. They werent equipped to take out anything there. The mission was recon only, in and out without mess. Once they find out what's going on, they can plan an attack and carry it out later.

Antoine and Sally were next to the location, hiding near an old dumbster. She only hoped the others were okay as well.

Following there movements from above Ashley kept an eye out for possible trouble as she glided from place to place but as she landed on the third spot she spotted something both startling and concerning that she thought was worth mentioning to Sally. Seeing no swatbots around she picked up her communicator and contacted her whispering softly. "Sal i'm at 3 o'clock over your right shoulder. There's what looks to be a roboticized arm sticking out." She said then took her dagger out to poke and move it around inspecting it.

After a moment she replied back. "Not attached to the main body."

Bunnie had been traveling building to building, reaching from one to another as she moved above, keeping up with Sally and Antoine, keeping an eye on them both, "So far so good Sally-girl but I'm slowly running out of window ledges to swing from." she warmed, reaching out her extended arm to grab and swing to another, "Gonna need to join ya'll on the ground sooner them later." she added, soon moving to a lower window at that. Just then she saw 2 SWATbots patrolling up ahead of her two friends, "Hold up Sally-girl we've got two bots a few yards up ahead, want me to take them out for yeah?"

"The coast is clear"  Tweak interrupts. "as far as the street cam are showing those are the only two around"  Tweak sends the video  feed to Nicole. "There is going to be a 10 second delay but this should help some"

Following Sally toward the target location Antoine made sure to keep an eye out for any swatbots that near the area watching Sally's back. Through there were other mobians keeping an eye out Antoine knew how much Sally meant to the freedom fighters. She was THEIR leader and for Antoine, he couldn't imagine having anyone else leading the freedom fighters in their battle against Robotnik and his forces and while he thought of leading the freedom fighters if and that a huge if, something bad were to happen to the princess he felt that the others wouldn't follow him like Sally would.

Antoine went back to realty when Bunnie spoke on the radio about the two swatbots ahead of them while they were hiding in the dumpster. "We shouldn't cause much noise out here in zis place..."Antoine said on the radio to Bunnie "We don't know what out zere." He added. Hearing what Tweak said he responded "Princess, is the feed working on your side?" He asked hoping for any sort of help.

Sally opened Nicole and watched the feed of the swatbots. "Thanks, Tweak. Antoine is right, Bunnie, we shouldn't cause a ruckus." She looked around at the ground and picked up a piece of metal in her hand that she spotted. "Okay everyone, get ready to move. When I throw this to distract them, cross the street and rally with me on the side of the building under that window. We can use rope to get inside with Bunnie's leg extentions."

Giving the metal piece a small toss in her hand, she threw it facing away from them as hard as she could. The Swatbots immediately followed the sound. "Move!" she ordered quietly as she carefully but swiftly bolted from their hiding spot across the street and to the side of the building. It was a medium sized warehouse. It could also be a factory but the lack of smoke coming from it suggested something other than robots was being made here. The Princess looked up at the window high above, she wasn't sure if it was open or closed, but she hoped Bunnie could take the rope up there for them to climb inside.

So far the plan was going well. At this rate, they'll be in and out of there without incident. She knew better than to relax herself though even if things were looking good. Anything could happen, she kept herself as alert as possible.

"Got it." Ashley said and waited keeping an eye on the group from above waiting for Sally to toss the piece of metal. After she did she looked around making sure the noise didn't attract another group of bots towards the sound then  jumped and gliding with her as she bolted for the building. She landed softly beside her and stood up.  "So far so good Sal. Your distraction worked and i didn't see any more of them coming our way." She said and moved to a nearby spot to keep watch.

She looked up at the window then softly whispered to Sally. "That's a long ways up Sal. We'll have to be quick to get up and in before we stick out like a sore thumb." She said then peeked around a corner.

When the bots started moving across the street the rabbot was off and going, swinging herself from window ledge to window ledge, doing her best not to make to much noise from above and thankful that nobody was in these buildings. Soon she repelled herself from one building to the one Sally wanted to enter and after a big more window hopping she was right above the princess and her soldiers, taking out her communicator, "I'm ready when you are princess." Bunnie said, still holding the ledge with her metal hand while she tried to press the window open with her organic one, "Almost..." she whispered, the window itself wasn't opening but it was already slipping back out of it's frame, all the while she was lowering her legs down towards her companions so they would be able to toss some grappling lines over her feet.

The window finally slipped out after a few hard pushes, doing her best to grab one of it's sides so it didn't shatter on the interior floor, "All clear." she shouted before, her legs reaching down as far as they could but still a rough 3 yards above her friends.

Hearing Sally's next order for the team Antoine got himself in position to move along with Sall and the others to the factory. Seeing the bolt being thrown from the princess's hand, Antoine ran behind Sally as quickly and silently as possible in order to get the factory without any noise in quick time. Looking at the swatbots heading toward the noise that Sally cause made Antoine relieved to have her as the leader. Finally, Antoine made it across to the factory and sees Bunnie Swinging herself along the window ledges in amazement. "Thank mercy we have Bunnie." Antoine thought to himself as he sees her open up the window which made Antoine wishes he was up there with the rabbit. He just didn't like to see a woman get her hands dirty without any help. 

Now waiting to get into the window Antoine watches the robotic leg of the rabbit come near him and the others. Antoine looked over at the other members of the freedom fighters and said:" You two should go up first while I wat your backs." He suggested going below the robotic leg and getting on one knee." I shall help you get to zee leg ok?"

Sally nodded and used Antoine as a boost as she stood up high to reach Bunnie's feet with the rope. She still couldn't reach it by a few feet, so she wrangled it a bit and tossed it spot on as the rope latched right onto her feet. With a quick couple of soft yanks, Sally gave the signal for Bunnie to pull up the rope and secure it so they could climb up. "Standby, guys. We're almost in," she whispered. Clicking on Nicole's microphone output signal, Sally spoke in a slightly worried tone, "Tweak, we need eyes our location. Are they any swatbots around, over?" She hoped he was alright, it was unusual for him to miss one message. Hopefully he didn't miss a second.

Ashley nodded towards Sally then moved next to her spot keeping watch and waiting for her turn next to go. She still felt uneasy about being out in the open and climbing up to a window out in the open where anyone that looked upwards could see them and was extra alert for any sines of trouble. There wasn't much else to do other then keep a look out but she had a nagging feeling about what was inside that usually was right. Still she couldn't looking up at Bunnie with amazement and commented to Antoine.  "Kind of jealous of Bunnie some times you know? Having extending legs would be nice and handy to have." She said looking at him then back up to Bunnie waiting for Sally to go.

With Sally getting the rope secured to her foot the rabbot started retracting her limb, the rope raising till it reached from the ground to the window, Bunnie having climbed inside by this point and moving the rope from her foot to her metal hand for a good solid hold, looking out at them for a moment, "Alls good up here... ya'll can start climbing." she said, backing up a few feet to give them space, feet planted solidly, holding the rope tightly while she hid her organic hand  behind her back, turns out she'd cut her palm open when she grabbed onto the glass pane when it nearly fell in, she'd have to wait for her friends to join her before asking one of them to patch it up... it sure did sting though.