Team Acorn Community Forums
Weltall84

Operation Rescue Brianna (semi-private ask to join)

Scoping things out with a pair of high-spec binoculars, Mighty the Armadillo lowers them after one last sweep of the area. His gaze turned to his partner-in-crime for this mission, the blue blur himself Sonic the Hedgehog. "Alright, looks like we got enough patrols going that once we start this we'll have one heck of an audience." He reaches to touch the radio-bud in his ear, switching it on. "This Mighty we're starting the fireworks."

Without waiting for a reply, the armadillo turns and grasps his arms around a huge cylinder of explosive liquid and holds it over his head, with a mighty heave; Mighty sends the cylinder flying; landing a hit square into a roaming ground-type hover-tanker which exploded into a three-alarm ball of fire. Whistling at his work Mighty looks at Sonic with a sheepish expression. "I didn't expect it to boom that good; but then again I did hit a tanker, well let's do it to it ol' buddy!" The Armadillo then slides down the garbage heap that had been hiding before and rushes for the nearest pair of Swatbots and punches them into scrap.

While the two 'power houses' of speed and brawn were causing a commotion; the actual rescue team was climbing their way via the underground tunnel network into the detention center. Moving beside the Princess, Axel kept a blaster rifle held at the ready. The ammo for the weapon was in short supply but he didn't want to take any chances during their rescue mission. While his keen eyes watched the other tunnels at a four-way junction they passed; he asks aloud in a low voice to the Princess just in case anything was down there with them. "Does your hand-held computer thing say how far we have to go to reach the prison? I don't like we took almost a full day to get here to rescue Brianna... Who knows what they might be doing to her."

Mighty might have thought sonic was ready but he had been waiting so long, at least to him, that he fell a sleep standing up perched against a pole.  He stayed that way till his beauty sleep was interrupted by the large explosion, snapping out of it like he had a heart attack.  "Yeagh!  The answer's 37!"  He frantically turned his head in every direction looking for the noise till Mighty took credit for the explosion on the far side of the heep.  "Alright!  Was getting bored waiting for all this 'waiting'.  Time to juice and cut loose, Mighty-My-Man!!!"

And his race was off!!

he had no plan and like the armadillo, he went right for the first bot he could see, screeching and blowing raspberries.  "Swatbutts! Swatbutts! You can't hit squat!!"  They fired at him, missing each time as he just casually moved int eh nick of time.  "Whoops, missed me.  Oop, missed again!  What, am I too fast for you?  I mean: how are you going to hit your headgehog quota if you just get smashed by armadillos?"  They turned to each other questioning his phrase till his bud finished his 'punch'-line and scraped the tin heads.  "What happened, Swatties?  Is his 'arms-a-dillion' you outta here, Ha ha ha!"  he rolled over laughing at his own joke.  "C'mon that was a good one.  Don't get all 'beat up' over it.  I would hate to see 'broken' into pieces."  He wiped a tear from his from laughing so much.  "Ahh, too cool. Too cool."

As soon as he composed himself he grinned at Mighty. "That was great, let's see what else we can do."  He took off but in an instant, he was back, stopping right in front his partner.   "Dude! Big target! I think it's important.  How durable are you?  Oh, nevermind, I bet that shell is as hard as a rock.  Are you heavy?  Let's see."  He grabbed his hand, and again, raced away but with Mighty in tow.  "So I always wondered," he said as they speed past things. "How cool it would be if I threw you at something while I was juicin', and well..." a whole row of hover units started getting closer as Sonic took the most aburpt stop he could muster and flung Mighty right at them.  "Don't forget to yell 'Bonzai' as you go!"  And he waved at him as he flew through the air choking back a few mock tears.  "They grow up so fast. And me without my camera..."